The Student Room Group

What shall I do

I swiped left on a girl who was said to be 18 on tinder.
We proceeded to talk on whatsapp and she said she was 15 then I asked again and she said 16. I am 18 and so I did not think of it as a big deal.
There was no indecent images or sexual talk. She said come and meet me and I went. Upon my arrival were 2 big guys who said they will call the police and expose me online for being a pedo. Unless I give them £1000 so I did. Now they phoned and said they will expose me unless i give 3000.

At this point Ive had enough as I have realised I have not done anything illegal ( I think). They know my address as they forced me to show it through my bank. I dont want my parents knowing due to my mums severe anxiety issues.

What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jahan101
I swiped left on a girl who was said to be 18 on tinder.
We proceeded to talk on whatsapp and she said she was 15 then I asked again and she said 16. I am 18 and so I did not think of it as a big deal.
There was no indecent images or sexual talk. She said come and meet me and I went. Upon my arrival were 2 big guys who said they will call the police and expose me online for being a pedo. Unless I give them £1000 so I did. Now they phoned and said they will expose me unless i give 3000.

At this point Ive had enough as I have realised I have not done anything illegal ( I think). They know my address as they forced me to show it through my bank. I dont want my parents knowing due to my mums severe anxiety issues.

What do I do?

Go to the police ASAP! And your bank and let them know
Reply 2
Original post by Bham369
Go to the police ASAP! And your bank and let them know

Thank you for the reply man I really needed this. But I really dont want my mum involved in any way because of her anxiety. And they said if i call the police they will thrash my house
Reply 3
Thank you for the reply man I really needed this. But I really dont want my mum involved in any way because of her anxiety. And they said if i call the police they will thrash my house

Seriously thugs like that need to be reported! For your own safety and your families go to the police! And tell your mum before you do so it doesn't come as a shock
Reply 4
Original post by Bham369
Seriously thugs like that need to be reported! For your own safety and your families go to the police! And tell your mum before you do so it doesn't come as a shock

Could you please tell me if i did anythng illegal
Reply 5
Could you please tell me if i did anything illegal

It doesn't seem like it. So long as there were no pictures/sexual talk you should be OK. Plus these guys could be pedophiles so another reason to report them. Also potentially identity theft on their part. You have done nothing wrong! Just be open and let the police see the conversations. You have nothing to hide :smile:
Reply 6

They can’t do anything to your house if they’re locked up. They’ll keep asking you for more as long as they have something against you, and the longer you go along with it the more guilty you look. Take your phone to the police, show their messages, show yours, don’t try and hide anything. Talking to an underage girl isn’t a crime, show evidence that she said she was 18 initially. Be honest and get this sorted before it gets worse.
Reply 7
Original post by cat_mac
They can’t do anything to your house if they’re locked up. They’ll keep asking you for more as long as they have something against you, and the longer you go along with it the more guilty you look. Take your phone to the police, show their messages, show yours, don’t try and hide anything. Talking to an underage girl isn’t a crime, show evidence that she said she was 18 initially. Be honest and get this sorted before it gets worse.

Original post by Bham369
It doesn't seem like it. So long as there were no pictures/sexual talk you should be OK. Plus these guys could be pedophiles so another reason to report them. Also potentially identity theft on their part. You have done nothing wrong! Just be open and let the police see the conversations. You have nothing to hide :smile:

Thank you so much for the replies guys I really appreciate it at this time.
Upon arrival they came to me and made me say my name with flash lights and everything so I just had to give 1000 as they said it will go on 'imjustbait' page. Ill show you the text messages. I want to add that she did talk sexually and said stuff like im horny and bring condoms but at no point did I say anything sexual or agree to what she was saying. I only asked for a picture of her (not body just face) I wll show the chats if you guys want. The main reason for this is becasue of my mum, she has terrible anxiety and we got egged last halloweed and she coudlnt sleep for days,
Reply 8
Upon arrival they came to me and made me say my name with flash lights and everything so I just had to give 1000 as they said it will go on 'imjustbait' page. Ill show you the text messages. I want to add that she did talk sexually and said stuff like im horny and bring condoms but at no point did I say anything sexual or agree to what she was saying. I only asked for a picture of her (not body just face) I wll show the chats if you guys want. The main reason for this is becasue of my mum, she has terrible anxiety and we got egged last halloweed and she coudlnt sleep for days,

If you are really worried about your mum is there somewhere she could go while the police are with you?
Reply 9
Original post by Bham369
If you are really worried about your mum is there somewhere she could go while the police are with you?

She is going to Pakistan with my dad on the 20th Of feb but I feel like that is too long to not tell anyone
She is going to Pakistan with my dad on the 20th Of feb but I feel like that is too long to not tell anyone

That is too long. You should tell her then the day the police come can she not go to a friends house for a few hours?

We’ll be able to give better opinion/advice if we saw what you were dealing with.

I understand your reason for not wanting your mum to know, but think about it in a different way. She wouldn’t want you to be going through this, or for you to be extorted and blackmailed further because you felt you were protecting her! I also deal with anxiety, and if someone was suffering from trying to protect me I would feel guilty. She wouldn’t want you to suffer alone, and i’m sure she’d agree with us and want to get help with this. It’s not your fault, and dealing with this now saves it from being a worse problem in the future. She has anxiety, but she is primarily a parent and she’ll want to do anything she can to protect you, just as you are protecting her.
Reply 12
The main thing is that you have to tell the police. You can talk to your bank and you can cancel your credit card but the police need to be informed. If you tell the police that your over 18 and you don't want your mum involved they legally have to agree to it
Reply 13
You're kind of an idiot mate. Why did you go to meet a 16 year old who already lied to you twice about her age. Soon as she says 14 you click away, you continued to talk to her though and then STILL agreed to meet her despite all the red flags. That is kinda nonce-like. You kinda deserve it for being an idiot :lol:
I'm surprised your bank didn't flag such a large sum being transferred as suspicious.

As others have said you should speak to the police and your bank, at the very least you should tell your parents.
You thought meeting a 16 year old was alright?
Reply 16
Original post by cat_mac
We’ll be able to give better opinion/advice if we saw what you were dealing with.

I understand your reason for not wanting your mum to know, but think about it in a different way. She wouldn’t want you to be going through this, or for you to be extorted and blackmailed further because you felt you were protecting her! I also deal with anxiety, and if someone was suffering from trying to protect me I would feel guilty. She wouldn’t want you to suffer alone, and i’m sure she’d agree with us and want to get help with this. It’s not your fault, and dealing with this now saves it from being a worse problem in the future. She has anxiety, but she is primarily a parent and she’ll want to do anything she can to protect you, just as you are protecting her.

Original post by Jdn0015
The main thing is that you have to tell the police. You can talk to your bank and you can cancel your credit card but the police need to be informed. If you tell the police that your over 18 and you don't want your mum involved they legally have to agree to it

Original post by Bham369
That is too long. You should tell her then the day the police come can she not go to a friends house for a few hours?

These are the messages
Reply 17
Original post by goggleyed

Yh bruh i just turned 18
Original post by goggleyed

16 year olds are of the age of consent.
Reply 19
Original post by cat_mac

Any advice after after seeing the screenshots???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending