The Student Room Group

Alevel Spanish

Hi, is anyone on here studying ALevel Spanish?? Just wondering if anyone’s finding it as hard as I am. I’m supposed to be sitting my exam in 5 months and honestly I haven’t even been able to get an E yet in any mock exam I’ve done for it!! It’s tragic. Just wondered if anyone had any revision tips or just advice in general to at least pass the course

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by sbrc2148
Hi, is anyone on here studying ALevel Spanish?? Just wondering if anyone’s finding it as hard as I am. I’m supposed to be sitting my exam in 5 months and honestly I haven’t even been able to get an E yet in any mock exam I’ve done for it!! It’s tragic. Just wondered if anyone had any revision tips or just advice in general to at least pass the course

what other A levels do u do?
Reply 3
Original post by aspire.1a
what other A levels do u do?

English language, spanish & psychology
omg I do Spanish and I am honestly going to fail
Reply 5
Original post by perspectives
omg I do Spanish and I am honestly going to fail

Omg same!! Im so sorry you’re going to fail but I’m kinda glad I’m not the only one 😂
Reply 6
I got an A in my Spanish exam😊
Reply 7
English language, spanish & psychology

That’s exactly what I want to do next year!! How are you finding the workload of them all? Could you give me some background info on them all roughly and how they work together :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by lazaroguille
I got an A in my Spanish exam😊

HOW 😭
would anyone be interested in a Spanish group chat on Facebook or Snapchat or anything for like general help and advice?? really trying to get an A this year as I have an offer of AAA
HOW 😭

cuz im Spanish from Spain 😂😂 dont worry, I understand ur suffering, Spanish is very complicated compared to english
Reply 11
Original post by Beth286
That’s exactly what I want to do next year!! How are you finding the workload of them all? Could you give me some background info on them all roughly and how they work together :smile:

Omg that’s crazy! Okay well I know everybody is different but Spanish is really difficult. I love the subject and I love being able to speak Spanish but it is really difficult. Psychology is probably the most fun because the content is so interesting, especially in the second year. And I like English too- so much that I’m doing it at uni! Is there anything more specific you want to know?
Reply 12
cuz im Spanish from Spain 😂😂 dont worry, I understand ur suffering, Spanish is very complicated compared to english

Ahh I see. That’s so unfair. Well done on your A though! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by perspectives
would anyone be interested in a Spanish group chat on Facebook or Snapchat or anything for like general help and advice?? really trying to get an A this year as I have an offer of AAA

I’ll add you on Snapchat if you want? What’s your username?
Ahh I see. That’s so unfair. Well done on your A though! :smile:

If you want I can help you in something u particularily struggle
Omg that’s crazy! Okay well I know everybody is different but Spanish is really difficult. I love the subject and I love being able to speak Spanish but it is really difficult. Psychology is probably the most fun because the content is so interesting, especially in the second year. And I like English too- so much that I’m doing it at uni! Is there anything more specific you want to know?

I’m predicted a 6 or a 7 (B or an A) for my gcse in Spanish, and a 7 for English Language. What’s the workload like?? How much work do you find yourself doing a night? And do you get all your work done in your frees or is that simply impossible?? Thankyou for your help!!:smile:
Reply 16
If you want I can help you in something u particularily struggle

I think it’s just the tenses like I can’t understand all the different verbs ah it blows my mind
Reply 17
Original post by Beth286
I’m predicted a 6 or a 7 (B or an A) for my gcse in Spanish, and a 7 for English Language. What’s the workload like?? How much work do you find yourself doing a night? And do you get all your work done in your frees or is that simply impossible?? Thankyou for your help!!:smile:

I got an A in GCSE Spanish and English so we’re probably quite similar! The work load for English isn’t bad at all. There’s quite a few theories to remember and key words but I’d say it was probably my easiest subject out of the three. It’s very essay based so we have to do a lot of writing but I quite like that. Psychology is the same- lots of essays and practice questions and lots of content to learn but because it’s fun and the content is interesting then I don’t mind putting in the work if that makes sense? I have to do quite a lot of revision for psychology to pass! And Spanish, I have to put the most work in and attend quite a lot of revision sessions. I get the majority of my work done in my frees, there’s probably only 2 days a week where I have to actually do work at home but I know some people who do much more
I got an A in GCSE Spanish and English so we’re probably quite similar! The work load for English isn’t bad at all. There’s quite a few theories to remember and key words but I’d say it was probably my easiest subject out of the three. It’s very essay based so we have to do a lot of writing but I quite like that. Psychology is the same- lots of essays and practice questions and lots of content to learn but because it’s fun and the content is interesting then I don’t mind putting in the work if that makes sense? I have to do quite a lot of revision for psychology to pass! And Spanish, I have to put the most work in and attend quite a lot of revision sessions. I get the majority of my work done in my frees, there’s probably only 2 days a week where I have to actually do work at home but I know some people who do much more

I’m sadly the first year of the new spec and it is honestly so tough but writing seems to be my strong point. Is writing or listening the biggest part of the a level?? I definitely know I am taking one of the English’s for sure, and I’ve always wanted to do psychology and I may do sociology as a 4th subject but I’m not sure yet. That’s really good!! I’m expecting them to be hard but I’m not sure exactly how hard!!

Ok, it really depends on what level of Spanish you are at and were do you specifically fail. One of the main problems is always vocabulary so make sure you READ a lot which will also help you in the Reading parts. Watch videos in Spanish with English subtitles or vice versa this improves vocab as well as listening and speaking. For writing just write a lot and get teacher check it (if you want I can give you ideas to write and then check it, I'm a Spanish native ). Ok that was all the good advise now the real thing. Read your book and resources from the exam board, it's not very likely to get stuff you don't know. Practice the exam style questions instead of your actual reading writing and speaking skills. E.g. practice true false not mentioned, fill in the blanks, translate.... for speaking depending on how your test is prepare some possible key sentences using some high level vocab And try to put it in when you speak(e.g. instead of Los homosexuales son iguales que los demás, just say Los bujarrones tienen/deben tener Los mismos derechos que las otras personas en la sociedad), learn many synonyms as well.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest