The Student Room Group

arabic

Hi guys, I need a bit of help.I haven't done Arabic GCSE but i'm doing the a level and its really hard and i find it hard to even structure a sentence and i have to write an entire essay in my exams.does anyone have any advice and revision techniques?
bruv whyd you do take it then
Original post by youngji2016
Hi guys, I need a bit of help.I haven't done Arabic GCSE but i'm doing the a level and its really hard and i find it hard to even structure a sentence and i have to write an entire essay in my exams.does anyone have any advice and revision techniques?

Hey I understand you considering there are many types of Arabic stages.The famous one being Fushah Arabic.

What sentence are you trying to translate? one thing to note is that the sentence in Arabic vary like the present past and future which can get quite confusing.

Let me know, if you require help please. Thanks.
Wow, I'm surprised they let you take a language A-Level without a GCSE first, especially one as hard as Arabic - usually you need a B at GCSE even for Spanish and French. Personally I think it'll be a struggle for you, but if you just immerse yourself in Arabic language and practice at least half an hour a day you should catch up. Maybe first, be able to read the alphabet by heart, and learn basic grammar, and try language learning websites. Also later on for comprehension purposes you can take up a TV show in Arabic for when you want to revise but feel tired lmao. Don't know if you use BBC language resources but they're useful to me. I study Spanish and Russian so I can't specifically help with Arabic, but it should be the same learning method for all languages I guess. Good luck!
I speak fluent Arabic and the exam was very difficult even for me. You have to have a wide range of vocabulary, sentence structure, verbs and adjectives along with the hard bases of the Arabic language. I doubt that you'll be able to pass it if you can't even structure a sentence. You also have to prepare a novel btw.
I'd recommend you start preparing yourself by practising and writing out different essays for a variety of topics including education, weather, hobbies, news, history etc. also read books in Arabic and try to translate them into English and then do the opposite
Original post by alvarotaboada_
nah man drop that **** subject why you even doing that ****? ahaha

very helpful 10/10
Reply 6
Original post by Brumtown1
bruv whyd you do take it then

i really wanted to do it but my secondary school didnt give us the opporutunity to do arabic GCSE but i still wanted to do it
Reply 7
Original post by MiszShortee786
Hey I understand you considering there are many types of Arabic stages.The famous one being Fushah Arabic.

What sentence are you trying to translate? one thing to note is that the sentence in Arabic vary like the present past and future which can get quite confusing.

Let me know, if you require help please. Thanks.

Thank you,I find the tenses hard like how would i say 'i ran' or 'i was running' or 'i am going to run' etc...
Reply 8
Original post by alvarotaboada_
nah man drop that **** subject why you even doing that ****? ahaha

i really like arabic and want to do it
Reply 9
Original post by greycorns
Wow, I'm surprised they let you take a language A-Level without a GCSE first, especially one as hard as Arabic - usually you need a B at GCSE even for Spanish and French. Personally I think it'll be a struggle for you, but if you just immerse yourself in Arabic language and practice at least half an hour a day you should catch up. Maybe first, be able to read the alphabet by heart, and learn basic grammar, and try language learning websites. Also later on for comprehension purposes you can take up a TV show in Arabic for when you want to revise but feel tired lmao. Don't know if you use BBC language resources but they're useful to me. I study Spanish and Russian so I can't specifically help with Arabic, but it should be the same learning method for all languages I guess. Good luck!

I was suprised too, I thought of that too but i need to find a good show to watch so I actually watch it.Does BBC have resources for arabic?
Thank you
Original post by Miss.Unknow
I speak fluent Arabic and the exam was very difficult even for me. You have to have a wide range of vocabulary, sentence structure, verbs and adjectives along with the hard bases of the Arabic language. I doubt that you'll be able to pass it if you can't even structure a sentence. You also have to prepare a novel btw.
I'd recommend you start preparing yourself by practising and writing out different essays for a variety of topics including education, weather, hobbies, news, history etc. also read books in Arabic and try to translate them into English and then do the opposite

I dont think im going to continue onto A2 im going to drop it after this year.
Thank you, Ive done a few essays but my teacher has only marked one and so theres no feedback for me to correct myself from
I was suprised too, I thought of that too but i need to find a good show to watch so I actually watch it.Does BBC have resources for arabic?
Thank you

BBC has news in Arabic, and Arabic beginners resources with videos and stuff! If you can't find a good TV show there are always Arabic speaking Youtubers.
Thank you,I find the tenses hard like how would i say 'i ran' or 'i was running' or 'i am going to run' etc...

Yes this is what I was talking about.

For I run( present tense)-Ana ujri.
I was running(-past tense)- **** ujri.
I am going to run(future tense)-Ana zahibu lileadui.

Sorry I tried to write in Arabic but it was going backwards.
I dont think im going to continue onto A2 im going to drop it after this year.
Thank you, Ive done a few essays but my teacher has only marked one and so theres no feedback for me to correct myself from

Tbh i found the AS more difficult than the A2 haha.
I could have a look at it if you want? I got an A in Arabic.
Original post by username1402543
Yes this is what I was talking about.

For I run( present tense)-Ana ujri.
I was running(-past tense)- **** ujri.
I am going to run(future tense)-Ana zahibu lileadui.

Sorry I tried to write in Arabic but it was going backwards.

thank you
Original post by Miss.Unknow
Tbh i found the AS more difficult than the A2 haha.
I could have a look at it if you want? I got an A in Arabic.

he has them all but thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending