The Student Room Group

why is my phone sooo dry?

wth does everyone snap/text about? I'm baffed. its not that I haven't got friends, ive got a good handful that I chat to at school and at work. but then I come home and I don't text anyone and no-one texts me?
when I try, it seems really forced and not natural
pls help a girl out

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
put it in water.
It's not a bad thing not to text so often.
Did u try turning ur phone off and then restarting it back up?
Reply 4
Original post by Epitype
put it in water.

right. thats not helpful
Reply 5
Original post by dutchstudent123
It's not a bad thing not to text so often.

but i feel that texting will help the bonds between my pals n myself become stronger. also i have no clue what to say to new people that pop up to me to carry on a convo online? in real life im absolutely fine but cant online?
Reply 6
Hey PM me, it'll be nice to make friends.
Original post by Anonymous
but i feel that texting will help the bonds between my pals n myself become stronger. also i have no clue what to say to new people that pop up to me to carry on a convo online? in real life im absolutely fine but cant online?

make a group chat , problem solved
Original post by WaveyOmar
make a group chat , problem solved

ditto this, we have a group chat and it's always lively.
Did you put it in the tumbledryer?
Did you try putting it in rice?
Original post by cat_mac

yh you missed the point. why would you put a dry phone in rice pls
Reply 12
Because it's not wet.
wth does everyone snap/text about? I'm baffed. its not that I haven't got friends, ive got a good handful that I chat to at school and at work. but then I come home and I don't text anyone and no-one texts me?
when I try, it seems really forced and not natural
pls help a girl out

Depends what kind of friends you have. With my best mate, sometimes we can text for hours talking about football, film, girls etc. sometimes we don't message for days, sometimes we don't reply but we both know that it's chill.
I am at uni atm and many of my friends back home I only message when catching up over a day or two but when we talk in person all is well and good. No need to text people all the time.
When I speak to girls however then messages should be fairly frequent.

I can see what you mean by feeling forced and with some people you can message them and they reply really badly, with closed answers or just really unhelpful stuff for a conversation. They could be like that in person but often they are great in person and just cba to message.

With my good mates for example though, we mainly talk when either they or myself have something we want to talk about and not just messaging for the sake of discussion, eg. a football result, a movie coming out, something happening in one of our relationships or more often than not, a problem haha, but then we talk about that and like I said, can then not message for a few days.

I wouldn't fret, as others have said, it is good not to be texting all the time - especially when it comes to revision!
Original post by Funny Joker
as long as your vagina isn't dry I will help you out

omg, thanks ! (fml)
omg, thanks ! (fml)

You could download snapchat and add some ppl you know. Watch their stories, could be fun. Just be aware that you're not supposed to respond to stories. Only send snaps to friends.
Original post by cat_mac

I'd say a water bath is more appropriate, given the circumstances.
Original post by ParkHyungSuk
I'd say a water bath is more appropriate, given the circumstances.

Carbs solve all my problems so I thought it might help anyway.
Original post by dutchstudent123
You could download snapchat and add some ppl you know. Watch their stories, could be fun. Just be aware that you're not supposed to respond to stories. Only send snaps to friends.

ive got sc, and i have a few people on there. but noone ever snaps me, and i snap noone. ive also got no streaks with anyone, its so embarrassing looool.

have you ever seen that tweet, its like when youre sc's so dry that you become bf's with one snap. thats me. thats what my sc's like
I know what you mean, you should probably just try to send messages to other people and initiate the conversation, if you're having trouble keeping the conversation going just try to find things that have happened recently or about someone. Theres a lot of topics out there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending