purple_cloud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to do English Lit at uni, so I want my EPQ to have some relevance to literature.

I'm also interested in Japanese culture.

I was initially thinking of doing it on Memoirs of a Geisha, but I can't manage to come up with a really good title/question.

I'd be really grateful for any advice, thanks!
EstelOfTheEyrie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bxcks_)
I want to do English Lit at uni, so I want my EPQ to have some relevance to literature.

I'm also interested in Japanese culture.

I was initially thinking of doing it on Memoirs of a Geisha, but I can't manage to come up with a really good title/question.

I'd be really grateful for any advice, thanks!
Interesting choice of topic!

How about: To what extent does Memoirs of a Geisha acccurately explore Japanese culture compared to other novels?
purple_cloud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie)
Interesting choice of topic!

How about: To what extent does Memoirs of a Geisha acccurately explore Japanese culture compared to other novels?
Thanks for your idea! Do you think that looking at Japanese culture as a whole is too vague or is it better to hone it down to one aspect?
EstelOfTheEyrie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bxcks_)
Thanks for your idea! Do you think that looking at Japanese culture as a whole is too vague or is it better to hone it down to one aspect?
It is possibly too vague to look at Japanese culture as a whole, but perhaps focus on a time period or certain aspects of the culture so that you can remain on topic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (231)
60.95%
No (79)
20.84%
Not sure (69)
18.21%

Watched Threads