The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daniellafreedman
Anyone doing A level biology ( edexcel in particular but just state your exam board) what's the hardest topic or concept?

Exam Board: AQA
Hardest topic: Enzymes (so far)
As silly as it may seem , enzymes are a pain in the ass for me

not because it's hard to understand them but because of all the vocabulary you have to use in past paper questions , but i still understand the concept of it all
Reply 3
Edexcel SNAB: Nothing hard as such...
Reply 4
Hmm..actually I need refreshing on some of the A2 ecology stuff....and some of the genes stuff...
Original post by Ukvoltaire
Hardest topic: Enzymes (so far)

--

for me right now, I'd say p much all of the genetics section for A2 AQA...followed by receptors and muscles
Original post by brrrigid

--

for me right now, I'd say p much all of the genetics section for A2 AQA...followed by receptors and muscles

I still haven't started A2 yet as I am in Year 12.
Original post by Ukvoltaire
I still haven't started A2 yet as I am in Year 12.

i guessed you were, that's why you have a storm coming... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reply 8
I'm currently doing EdExcel Biology B at A level and it's such a hard exam board and the AS papers are so hard that we're switching to EdExcel Biology A midway through year 12 because supposedly it's far easier to understand the questions it's asking you. However in the Biology B spec, what I've found hardest so far is all of the maths questions in the exams (I'm not a talented mathematician and barely got an A at GCSE) and also a lot of the stuff on Meiosis and Gametogenesis of animals and plants.
Hardest Topic: Probably the A2 ecology stuff cause of all the terms and not to mention it is mind numbingly boring. The heart stuff from AS also confuses me but I generally manage to bluff it lmao.
The kidneys!!! They’re the devil in disguise
Reply 11
I’m now finishing SNAB and respiration is by far the hardest topic in that spec.
Original post by brrrigid
i guessed you were, that's why you have a storm coming... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, you were right about the storm, I guess.
I am doing OCR A and for me the hardest topic has been transport in plants. For me i find plants to be HORRIBLE and its probably due to my lack of motivation and enthusiasm but i am not a fan of transport in plants.
Finished Alevels got A* (OCR A):
Hardest topic: DNA/genome sequencing + neurones (luckily none of it came up this year)
Sliding filament model for OCR A is probably the hardest topic in my opinion
barely got an A? I got a low C in maths ;-;
Anyone doing A level biology ( edexcel in particular but just state your exam board) what's the hardest topic or concept?

I've just started biology a level, and we're doing bio-chemistry right now. Stuff like polysaccharides, proteins, molecular structures, hydrolysis and condensation reactions, types of bonds - it's really really tough stuff.

I know this is late but I'm currently doing GCSE and by far the hardest topic is Protein Synthesis and it gets harder so that is probably incredibly hard in a level as well is is a grade 9 GCSE topic
Bio molecules is so long and extremely boring

Latest