The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How do you request feedback (from Peterhouse)?
Reply 21
Original post by CompSciCat
How do you request feedback (from Peterhouse)?

@Peterhouse Admissions :smile:
Offer for History and MML at downing!!!! Cannot believe it! Anyone else got offers from Downing or for this course??
Got an offer for Japanese at Downing. BEYOND elated.... I can't believe I actually got an offer!
Reply 24
Original post by shannonthecannon
Offer for History and MML at downing!!!! Cannot believe it! Anyone else got offers from Downing or for this course??

The main thread for decision chat is...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3528165
The Official 2018 Cambridge Applicants Thread

and congrats! :smile:
Original post by shannonthecannon

Super super well done on your offer :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:!!!! That's amazing!!!!! I got an offer for history - so so surprised but over the moon as well :biggrin:!!!
Original post by Doonesbury
The main thread for decision chat is...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3528165
The Official 2018 Cambridge Applicants Thread

and congrats! :smile:

Ohh right trust me to get the wrong thread lol, and thank you! :smile:
Original post by BlueberryViolin
Super super well done on your offer :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:!!!! That's amazing!!!!! I got an offer for history - so so surprised but over the moon as well :biggrin:!!!

Ahh thank you, you too!!! Me too, I am thrilled to bits... maybe see you in some history lectures then haha😃

Email [email protected] asking for feedback, including your name and UCAS ID. If you're thinking of reapplying it is useful to include this so we can address it in the letter. Letters are written individually and we get hundreds of requests so it can take a few months for them all to be sent.
Reply 29
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
Email [email protected] asking for feedback, including your name and UCAS ID. If you're thinking of reapplying it is useful to include this so we can address it in the letter. Letters are written individually and we get hundreds of requests so it can take a few months for them all to be sent.

I'll add this to the FAQ OP :smile:

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to Robinson for Computer Science, yet did not receive any information regarding my application via email. I heard that Robinson only sent their decisions by post last year and I was wondering if that is true now as well and whether I should contact them or wait for the mail to arrive
(edited 6 years ago)
Now that everything has calmed down and people are gathering their thought I just wanted to say a couple of things.

For those with offers, congratulations.

For those with rejections, Cambridge maybe was not the right place for you. Not "you weren't good enough". The university wasn't right for you. And you maybe wouldn't do well or enjoy yourself there. That's a massive generalisation, and you're probably thinking "who wouldn't enjoy a degree at Cambridge"?!?! The answer is lots of people.:sadnod:

My (personal) advice to everyone:

Do NOT focus on the offer grades.:nope: Aim as high as you can.You should try your absolute best, and work as hard as is healthily possible to be the best person you can be on exam day. :yep: Whatever grades you get, whether they are above your firm offer, exactly on them, just below where you get a near miss or below to the point where you have a near miss, you cannot have tried any harder. That will be hard to accept for lots of people, but it is the truth. And TSR will be here for those who need it on results day, and everyone else too.:smile:

For those feeling frustrated or confused or even angry or just "urgh" with your rejection, use that energy. Use it and put it into your studies. For anyone who believes you can't be fantastic, prove them wrong. Because they are wrong. Everyone can be fantastic.

Best of luck for the Summer exams. Not long to go!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Hello,

I have a question about my email - I have an 'Open' offer but don't understand where?/How I know which college it will be/when - my offer is unconditional (despite this letter saying conditional - on UCAS, it says unconditional as I have done my A-levels)

I am very pleased to tell you that I can offer you a place in October 2018 to study Geography.
Although the College at which you were interviewed is unable to offer you one of their places, we are able to make you one of our Open Offers for entry in October 2018. This means that you will definitely be awarded a place to read Geography at a Cambridge College if you satisfy all of the conditions set out in the offer letter you will receive shortly.
It is not yet possible to say exactly at which College your place will be if you fulfil all of the conditions outlined in your offer letter. This will be decided in August after the publication of the A Level, and equivalent, results. There are some routine communications that take place between Cambridge Colleges and applicants holding conditional offers before August.

What is an OPEN OFFER?
Reply 33
Original post by notimeforthis
Hello,

I have a question about my email - I have an 'Open' offer but don't understand where?/How I know which college it will be/when - my offer is unconditional (despite this letter saying conditional - on UCAS, it says unconditional as I have done my A-levels)

I am very pleased to tell you that I can offer you a place in October 2018 to study Geography.
Although the College at which you were interviewed is unable to offer you one of their places, we are able to make you one of our Open Offers for entry in October 2018. This means that you will definitely be awarded a place to read Geography at a Cambridge College if you satisfy all of the conditions set out in the offer letter you will receive shortly.
It is not yet possible to say exactly at which College your place will be if you fulfil all of the conditions outlined in your offer letter. This will be decided in August after the publication of the A Level, and equivalent, results. There are some routine communications that take place between Cambridge Colleges and applicants holding conditional offers before August.

What is an OPEN OFFER?

Which college did you apply to? An open offer means you will go into the summer pool after the A-level results day, and a new college may decide to give you a place. If no college does that you are still guaranteed a place with your original college.
I have received an offer (Architecture at Pembroke), and my offer conditions are A*AA in my 3 A-levels. On my UCAS I said that I'd be taking an additional AS in the summer, but since it's not mentioned anywhere in my offer, I was wondering how Cambridge feel about applicants deciding not to take a qualification that they initially said they would. I'm sure this is different college by college, case by case, so I will contact Pembroke directly to ask, but beforehand I just want to find out if @Doonesbury or @Peterhouse Admissions have any advice on it?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Amanzhol
I have received an offer (Architecture at Pembroke), and my offer conditions are A*AA in my 3 A-levels. On my UCAS I said that I'd be taking an additional AS in the summer, but since it's not mentioned anywhere in my offer, I was wondering how Cambridge feel about applicants deciding not to take a qualification that they initially said they would. I'm sure this is different college by college, case by case, so I will contact Pembroke directly to ask, but beforehand I just want to find out if @Doonesbury or @Peterhouse Admissions have any advice on it?

This isn't from Pembroke but I'm sure it applies similarly to all colleges. This was written in my offer letter:

"1. You must complete the qualifications as outlined in your UCAS application and obtain the following examination results by 31 August of this year (unless explicitly specified, these results are required from the qualifications you listed as not yet completed):

If you propose to vary any of the information in the "qualifications not yet completed or certificated" section of your UCAS application, you are required to inform both UCAS and the College with full details by 30 April of this year. "

I'm not sure if Pembroke has a different deadline but you should contact them asap have to see if they will be okay with you dropping the AS.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by FriarTuck
This isn't from Pembroke but I'm sure it applies similarly to all colleges. This was written in my offer letter:

"1. You must complete the qualifications as outlined in your UCAS application and obtain the following examination results by 31 August of this year (unless explicitly specified, these results are required from the qualifications you listed as not yet completed):

If you propose to vary any of the information in the "qualifications not yet completed or certificated" section of your UCAS application, you are required to inform both UCAS and the College with full details by 30 April of this year. "

I'm not sure if Pembroke has a different deadline but you should contact them asap have to see if they will be okay with you dropping the AS.

Thank you very much! I'll check the wording of my letter later today, and I'll probably call them tomorrow.

Great username and picture by the way :wink:
Reply 37
Original post by Amanzhol

As per @FriarTuck's reply, and it will be similar for your insurance too. You must check with all your universities first before actually dropping a subject.

Edit: you can't change *any* aspect of your application without checking first with your universities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Doonesbury
As per friartuck's reply, and it will be similar for your insurance too. You must check with all your universities first before actually dropping a subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you again! And yes, I'll be sure to check with my potential insurance options.
Is it possible to get responses before that date? I asked one of the interviewers and he said results will be announced late December.

Latest

Trending

Trending