The Student Room Group

No reference/missed deadline support group thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blackstarr
Here is another update which is shattering. Could you clarify as to what this statement actually means.

'You do not meet the residency criteria for this course Unfortunately we are unable provide additional feedback'

Are you not UK resident? That's the only reason that they would reject you for residency for a nursing degree.
Original post by PQ
Are you not UK resident? That's the only reason that they would reject you for residency for a nursing degree.

Yes, i am
Original post by PQ

But then how come they are rejecting me because of this? Greenwich rejected me because of a reference and middlesex gave me an opportunity.

And, yes, i am a UK resident.

I am confused.
Original post by PQ

What can i do now?
But then how come they are rejecting me because of this? Greenwich rejected me because of a reference and middlesex gave me an opportunity.

And, yes, i am a UK resident.

I am confused.

I would suggest you ring them up and explain that you're UK resident but they've given your reason for rejection as not UK. It's possible that they've just stated the wrong reason (and the rejection will stand) - but it's possible that they've rejected in error.
Original post by PQ
I would suggest you ring them up and explain that you're UK resident but they've given your reason for rejection as not UK. It's possible that they've just stated the wrong reason (and the rejection will stand) - but it's possible that they've rejected in error.

Ok but the whole statement is :

You do not meet the residency criteria for this course Unfortunately we are unable provide additional feedback. Unfortunately we are unable provide additional feedback
Ok but the whole statement is :

You do not meet the residency criteria for this course Unfortunately we are unable provide additional feedback. Unfortunately we are unable provide additional feedback

yes - but you're not asking for additional feedback - you're pointing out that their original feedback is based on a factually inaccurate statement. You DO meet the residency criteria for the course.
Original post by PQ
yes - but you're not asking for additional feedback - you're pointing out that their original feedback is based on a factually inaccurate statement. You DO meet the residency criteria for the course.

Yeah, thanks for your reply.:smile:
Original post by PQ

I am really hoping it is an error
Original post by PQ

How can they state the wrong reason? don't they do thorough checks?
How can they state the wrong reason? don't they do thorough checks?

As you get older you will despair more and more about the competence of supposedly reputable organisations...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ageshallnot
As you get older you will despair more and more about the competence of supposedly reputable organisations...

Posted from TSR Mobile

As someone who has applied to both US and UK, in my experience, this does not apply to the US.
Original post by dbs1984
As someone who has applied to both US and UK, in my experience, this does not apply to the US.

reputable US organisations are universally competent? :confused:
Original post by PQ
reputable US organisations are universally competent? :confused:

In my experience, yes.
Original post by dbs1984
In my experience, yes.

You know the entire federal government just shut down yes?
Original post by PQ
You know the entire federal government just shut down yes?

Yes, I do, but that's not part of my experience. My experience was with the Common App, their universities and their labs. It was a much, much better experience than with UCAS anyway.
Original post by dbs1984

Erm what about the time Columbia mistakenly sent out 277 acceptances?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/18/us/columbia-university-application-mistake/index.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Erm what about the time Columbia mistakenly sent out 277 acceptances?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/18/us/columbia-university-application-mistake/index.html

Posted from TSR Mobile

Again, my experience. I didn't experience anything like that. What I experienced was a streamlined system, that was incredibly efficient compared to what I had seen elsewhere.

Besides how often do blunders like that occur anyway? I know MIT pulled something similar as well, but statistically speaking, how common are such occurrences?
Original post by dbs1984
What I experienced was a streamlined system, that was incredibly efficient compared to what I had seen elsewhere.

And how many blunders have you personally experienced with your application through UCAS?
Original post by dbs1984
Again, my experience. I didn't experience anything like that. What I experienced was a streamlined system, that was incredibly efficient compared to what I had seen elsewhere.

Besides how often do blunders like that occur anyway? I know MIT pulled something similar as well, but statistically speaking, how common are such occurrences?

That's fair.

It seems to happen every year to at least one reputable institution. Statistically speaking overall across all universities in the US, probably not that significant.

Generally speaking... the US application process is considered as less streamline compared to UK applications because while the US do have Common App and Coalition App, many schools still has their own application system whereas in the UK almost all applications if not all are processed by UCAS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending