The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ostara1
Hello, Student Finance have unfairly made me unfit and they removed my funds of 2017/18

My appeal stage 1 and stage 2 was unsuccessful and I requested my appeal to be reviewed by independent assessor, has anyone win an appeal case with the independent assessors please

I have moved this to Student Financial Support, you should get some advice here.
Reply 2
Original post by Rock Fan
I have moved this to Student Financial Support, you should get some advice here.

Thank you very much indeed
Original post by ostara1
Thank you very much indeed

Hi, can you tell me of the outcome of this please? i am in the same boat , and for 2017/18 academic year. both my 1st and 2nd appeals were denied. Now i have lodged the stage 3 appeal. Its mind exhausting.
Reply 4
Original post by stormy101
Hi, can you tell me of the outcome of this please? i am in the same boat , and for 2017/18 academic year. both my 1st and 2nd appeals were denied. Now i have lodged the stage 3 appeal. Its mind exhausting.

Hello, When did you send your 3rd stage appeal please.

We are organizing a group discussion on this topic, also the BBC are now recording documentary program about this, if you want to share your story anonymously please send me a message in private.
Original post by ostara1

We are organizing a group discussion on this topic, also the BBC are now recording documentary program about this, if you want to share your story anonymously please send me a message in private.

i would love that, its been almost two week since i sent the 3rd stage appeal, only today, i get an email of stage two refusal which makes me wonder if student finance even takes time to look at these appeals or not.
Original post by ostara1

that will be great, thank you. i have privately messaged you.
Reply 7
I and another friend of mine with the same case have recently opened and sent two freedom of information enquiries to the SLC, We asked several questions, including if anyone won appeal against Counter fraud case. By law the SLC should respond before 10th of March with answer.

Therefore, you can follow this FOI enquiries by clicking this links

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/counter_fraud_decisions_and_appe?nocache=incoming-1113670#incoming-1113670

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/counter_fraud_appeal_stage_3_cas

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click follow option, but before you do that, you are required to sign up the FOI page.

For any further details please send me private message
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
ostara1! I think I have an interesting story for you regarding my student finance England situation....which Is currently still ongoing...not sure if id even like it to be anonymous at this point, its been a long time coming. I don't have a student room account, I just came on here to do more research on my situation, please post contact details for your person, or ill message your account on here if I'm allowed!
Reply 9
Original post by lank nos
ostara1! I think I have an interesting story for you regarding my student finance England situation....which Is currently still ongoing...not sure if id even like it to be anonymous at this point, its been a long time coming. I don't have a student room account, I just came on here to do more research on my situation, please post contact details for your person, or ill message your account on here if I'm allowed!

Hello

I have sent you my email in private, I cannot wait to hear from you
Reply 10
Hello Folks

I and my friend have recently, wrote to the Student Loan Company thorough the Freedom of information act website whatdotheyknow.com, we asked several paramount questions regarding the Counter Fraud cases, the SLC have responded our enquires, if you want to find out the answers of those questions please click the two links on above.
Morning all ..my case has taken over one year and went to the independent assesser and my case was successful .
Hi I am currently going through stage 1 appeal with student finance, basically my child care provider changed the figures on my ccg2 form and are not denying it although they have been caught out in several lies.... Anyone have any advice on how I can win this? They asked for evid6 that I didn't change the figures after sending in my bank statements and all other documents they have said it's not enough evidence... Don't know what to do I'm so stressed out I'm struggling to look after my 4 year old with no income
Hi, can I please know the details of your case and what was the successful outcome? Was all your funding reinstated?
Reply 14
Original post by stormy101

Hi

I have similar problem like you. stage 3 appeal, independent assessor has asked SLC to reopen the investigation.

If you please help me to let me know how did your case end? then I can prepare myself.

Thanking you very much for your time.
Reply 15
No, they’ve removed all of my funding for 6 years, and they also put my name on the black list known as CIFAS Database, for 6 years, I cannot get any job from any financial institution, also I cannot even open a basic bank account.

I have been hospitalised, and currently getting treatments. They don’t care! they accused me that I have sent a faked document, which has nothing to do about my student loan, as far as I understood is someone who got my details sent them a faked document pretended as me.
I wish you for success mate
(edited 5 years ago)
can i get your your email or contact because i believe i have a situation with student finance refusal that BBC can put out there for public knowledge
Reply 17
Did you win the appeal
Original post by bishbashsavers
can i get your your email or contact because i believe i have a situation with student finance refusal that BBC can put out there for public knowledge
Hello, i am going through the exact same situation in 2019! I am currently at the first stage of the appeals process. I‘m sorry it didn’t work out better for you! Can you tell me what evidence you provided when they asked for proof that you didn’t alter the ccg2 forms?Thanks
Reply 19
Unfortunately I failed all three stages of the appeal process, my name has been registered on CIFAS, all my UK banks were closed down due to that my name was recorded on CIFAS. I lost my job and I am still going through a hell

Latest

Trending

Trending