The Student Room Group

How hard are gcse physics and chemistry

I’ve picked physics and chemistry for my gcse options. Just to clarify my school allows for us to do one science, 2 sciences, 3 sciences or a mixture of all 3 in double award. Anyway a lot of people in my class are telling me that I’ve made a mistake as physics and chemistry are both really hard as full subjects. Is this true. I currently do well in both these subjects but does that mean I will do good at GCSE
It’s not as hard as they tell you , all u need to do is work hard and do past papers
The only difference is that u need to work harder I have been there and it went quite well for me hope it does for u
I did all 3 sciences, ended up with an A in Chemistry and Biology and a B in Physics. I didn’t find any of them particularly hard, as long as you put in the effort to learn.

All depends how motivated you are to succeed.
Original post by Student1237
I’ve picked physics and chemistry for my gcse options. Just to clarify my school allows for us to do one science, 2 sciences, 3 sciences or a mixture of all 3 in double award. Anyway a lot of people in my class are telling me that I’ve made a mistake as physics and chemistry are both really hard as full subjects. Is this true. I currently do well in both these subjects but does that mean I will do good at GCSE

i do triple science and find chemistry the hardest. i am getting grade 6s in chemistry whereas in biology i get 7s and in physics i get 8s
Reply 4
Maybe double award would be a good option?!? Not as hard and would leave all science a level options open. On the other hand the separate sciences are better preparation for a levels. Then again nothing prepares you for science at a level. 😐
Original post by (:)^2
Maybe double award would be a good option?!? Not as hard and would leave all science a level options open. On the other hand the separate sciences are better preparation for a levels. Then again nothing prepares you for science at a level. 😐

A valid point here

Quick Reply

Latest