The Student Room Group

Revision Advice

So, with 4 months left to go, I am starting to gather resources for my revision my aim is to start revising by February 24th. I wish to study medicine after A-levels. At A-levels I want to take: Biology, Chemistry and Maths.

My Target grades are as follows:
English Literature: 6 (AQA)
English Language: 6 (AQA)
Maths: 8 (AQA)
Further Maths: N/A (AQA Level 2 certificate)
Physics: 7 (Edexcel)
Biology: 8 (Edexcel)
Chemistry: 9 (Edexcel)
PE: 8 (AQA)
Music: 8 (AQA)
Business: A* (Edexcel- Old specification)

Now my questions:
Am I starting too late to revise?
Are notes better than flashcards in this moment of time?
What should I do after finishing past papers and got them marked?
How do I get out of procrastinating?
How can I boost my grades in English?
How can I write effective notes?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by afit247
So, with 4 months left to go, I am starting to gather resources for my revision my aim is to start revising by February 24th. I wish to study medicine after A-levels. At A-levels I want to take: Biology, Chemistry and Maths.

My Target grades are as follows:
English Literature: 6 (AQA)
English Language: 6 (AQA)
Maths: 8 (AQA)
Further Maths: N/A (AQA Level 2 certificate)
Physics: 7 (Edexcel)
Biology: 8 (Edexcel)
Chemistry: 9 (Edexcel)
PE: 8 (AQA)
Music: 8 (AQA)
Business: A* (Edexcel- Old specification)

Now my questions:
Am I starting too late to revise?
Are notes better than flashcards in this moment of time?
What should I do after finishing past papers and got them marked?
How do I get out of procrastinating?
How can I boost my grades in English?
How can I write effective notes?

It's better late than never, you can find a lot of online notes/resources then add to them and do lots of practise questions. Set timers/alarms and make a list of everything that needs doing/revising to help you stop procrastinating.
Reply 2
Original post by Angel_Chen
It's better late than never, you can find a lot of online notes/resources then add to them and do lots of practise questions. Set timers/alarms and make a list of everything that needs doing/revising to help you stop procrastinating.

Thank you for answering that I will give that a try and let you know how it goes tomorrow :-)
Original post by afit247
Thank you for answering that I will give that a try and let you know how it goes tomorrow :-)

Good luck! Slowly build it up and persevere :P
Reply 4
Start now, make up cheat sheets,flash cards, and do something on your priority subjects every day. Gradually build up the time you spend on it, so you reach your optimum peak at the exam period.
Reply 5
Original post by Purdy7
Start now, make up cheat sheets,flash cards, and do something on your priority subjects every day. Gradually build up the time you spend on it, so you reach your optimum peak at the exam period.

That's really helpful, I appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending