The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE - BSc Economics applicants 2018

Hey guys, I haven't seen a thread for this course surprisingly, so I thought I'd make one myself.

GCSEs - 1A*, 5A, 4B
A-level Predicted grades - A*A*A (Maths, Economics and Spanish)
Application status: Initial assessment (4/12/17)
Further assessment (5/1/18)

Anyone got an offer yet?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I was just going to ask whether anyone has received an offer yet, can't seem to find another thread for this?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by rohanjain
I was just going to ask whether anyone has received an offer yet, can't seem to find another thread for this?

Ikr, I've only seen a couple of people on the LSE applicants thread with offers but that's it.
What stage is your application on?
Reply 3
udyy
Original post by adam_winterb
Hey guys, I haven't seen a thread for this course surprisingly, so I thought I'd make one myself.

GCSEs - 2A*, 7A, 2B
A-level Predicted grades - A*AA (Maths, Economics and Spanish)

Anyone got an offer yet?

Do you want to study economics?
How is alevel maths
Reply 4
Original post by amypops
udyy
Do you want to study economics?
How is alevel maths

Yeah I wanna study Economics at uni, are you gonna apply to LSE?

Tbh A-level maths isn't bad, the questions are repetitive every year and the stuff isn't too hard to understand. Just make sure that you do loads of past papers and practice questions.
(edited 6 years ago)
Ikr, I've only seen a couple of people on the LSE applicants thread with offers but that's it.
What stage is your application on?

I got the gathered field email last monday? Not sure what it is exactly and still most threads I've looked at don't explain it too well. Do you have the same chance of getting an offer in the gathered field?
Reply 6
I got the gathered field email last monday? Not sure what it is exactly and still most threads I've looked at don't explain it too well. Do you have the same chance of getting an offer in the gathered field?

From what I've read, more people get into the gathered field rather than receiving an offer straight after further assessment. I think further down the line, LSE will look at the gathered field people after giving out the offers from further assessment.
Should be fine for you tho, if you deserve an offer you'll get it anyway :smile:
From what I've read, more people get into the gathered field rather than receiving an offer straight after further assessment. I think further down the line, LSE will look at the gathered field people after giving out the offers from further assessment.
Should be fine for you tho, if you deserve an offer you'll get it anyway :smile:

Hopefully! Where is your application at??
Reply 8
Hopefully! Where is your application at??

Mine is in further assessment atm. Apparently it takes 8 weeks to get back to you after you get the email, and I've had enough waiting already 😭
Mine is in further assessment atm. Apparently it takes 8 weeks to get back to you after you get the email, and I've had enough waiting already 😭

Don't worry, I've heard that some people just don't get gathered field and some do... if anything take it as a positive. I've heard those in the gathered field and those who aren't get their decisions roughly the same time; usually end ish March :frown:
Just found out that a lot of people got offers mid december... :frown: surprising since I haven't heard of anyone getting one since then

GCSEs - 2A*, 7A, 2B
A-level Predicted grades - A*AA (Maths, Economics and Spanish)

Anyone got an offer yet?

LSE requires further maths so unless you do this, you won't even be considered.
Original post by BDunlop
LSE requires further maths so unless you do this, you won't even be considered.

The entry requirements are A*AA with A* in Math. No mention of further math. Of course it is desirable but it is not necessary at all...
The entry requirements are A*AA with A* in Math. No mention of further math. Of course it is desirable but it is not necessary at all...

Yes you're right, I was misinformed. Good luck with your future application, start earlier than you think, it'll pay off!
Original post by BDunlop
Yes you're right, I was misinformed. Good luck with your future application, start earlier than you think, it'll pay off!

Already applied!! Got in the gathered field recently but praying that I get an offer. Forgot to put my grades in but:

GCSEs - I did IGCSEs (don't think it's much difference): 8A* 1B

International Baccalaureate Predicted Grades - 44 (Math, Geography, Economics at HL with 7,7,7).

Application status: Gathered field (15.01.2018)
Reply 15
Just found out that a lot of people got offers mid december... :frown: surprising since I haven't heard of anyone getting one since then

Dam, surely that's just all the oxbridge applicants being considered at roughly the same time? The whole process is meant to take 8-12 weeks so it will be a while until we hear back again probs
Dam, surely that's just all the oxbridge applicants being considered at roughly the same time? The whole process is meant to take 8-12 weeks so it will be a while until we hear back again probs

I applied Oxbridge (rejected) but didn't get any reply in December :laugh:, must've been the extremely strong candidates.. :frown:
Reply 17
Hey everybody,
GCSE grades: 8A*, 5A and 1B
AS: Maths (A), Economics, (A), Chemistry (A) and French (A) - I'm taking Further Maths AS this year but am predicted an A
A2 predictions: Maths (A*), Econ (A*) and French (A)
Universities: LSE, UCL, Warwick, Kings and Queen Mary
I have received offers from Kings and Queen Mary and got into the gathered field for LSE 4 days ago. I'm really worried; has anyone got an offer for Econ at LSE yet??
Original post by Squo
Hey everybody,
GCSE grades: 8A*, 5A and 1B
AS: Maths (A), Economics, (A), Chemistry (A) and French (A) - I'm taking Further Maths AS this year but am predicted an A
A2 predictions: Maths (A*), Econ (A*) and French (A)
Universities: LSE, UCL, Warwick, Kings and Queen Mary
I have received offers from Kings and Queen Mary and got into the gathered field for LSE 4 days ago. I'm really worried; has anyone got an offer for Econ at LSE yet??

Yes some people got offers in december... apart from that I don't know of anyone who has an offer
Yes some people got offers in december... apart from that I don't know of anyone who has an offer

Anyone with offers/rejection today ??
Still waiting .....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending