The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

I keep thinking i am going to die

very odd but i keep thinking i am going to die soon and these thoughts are getting in the way of my daily tasks. i have had dreams lately even more since the new year began and in all of these dreams somebody has killed me but i have dismissed them because they are just silly dreams.

i am a paranoid person overall but these thoughts have made me feel incredibly low and i have stopped caring for the things i used to care for

is this usual and will this all go away soon?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

i think you need to see someone about it , plenty of mental asylums that will help you without any problems

all jokes aside its worth talking to someone about your issues and dream happily by watching happy films/youtube vids before you sleep , that's what i do
Original post by Ray_Shadows
i think you need to see someone about it , plenty of mental asylums that will help you without any problems

all jokes aside its worth talking to someone about your issues and dream happily by watching happy films/youtube vids before you sleep , that's what i do

i have convinced myself this is normal and everybody goes through this but its just really annoying
sometimes i do watch happy shows but this feeling is just weird!

thank you
Original post by Blooming Rose
i have convinced myself this is normal and everybody goes through this but its just really annoying
sometimes i do watch happy shows but this feeling is just weird!

thank you

has something traumatizing happened to you for you to think this
Original post by Ray_Shadows
has something traumatizing happened to you for you to think this

not really. when i was small i used to say to myself that i will die on this date and then when the day came i would say no it will be next week just silly stuff
but this feels different and i am constantly on edge
also had a dream about myself just crying
not really. when i was small i used to say to myself that i will die on this date and then when the day came i would say no it will be next week just silly stuff
but this feels different and i am constantly on edge
also had a dream about myself just crying

hmm ok , try to pinpoint whats upsetting you the most and tell someone u trust (a professional may be the better option) gl :smile:
i think you should go to someone about it, a family or friend, and if you don’t feel safe doing that then maybe a doctor? if you find out this is fine then good, and if you find out that it’s not normal then you can get help for it :smile: good luck x
Original post by elizaisaflop
i think you should go to someone about it, a family or friend, and if you don’t feel safe doing that then maybe a doctor? if you find out this is fine then good, and if you find out that it’s not normal then you can get help for it :smile: good luck x

i dont want to speak about this to anybody and i will just give it some time maybe it will just go

thank you
I think you do be more productive because chance is we don’t know when we are going to die so therefore this should makes as many dreams and hopes as possible. Also seek the truth/
Original post by Shaista_A
I think you do be more productive because chance is we don’t know when we are going to die so therefore this should makes as many dreams and hopes as possible. Also seek the truth/

i am not quite sure what you mean. I keep busy all the time but these thoughts are affecting my daily tasks.
We're all going to die, and that includes you. Saying that, you will probably die in 70 years time, so I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point...
But if it does get worse, u should tell someone, it could end up being serious and turn into actual reality, atleast telling someone, u have them there for u and incase something does happen, good luck x
Original post by binkyboobosh
We're all going to die, and that includes you. Saying that, you will probably die in 70 years time, so I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point...

thank you
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
But if it does get worse, u should tell someone, it could end up being serious and turn into actual reality, atleast telling someone, u have them there for u and incase something does happen, good luck x

i hope it doesn't but thank you
i am not quite sure what you mean. I keep busy all the time but these thoughts are affecting my daily tasks.

Basically you should work on 3 concepts in your life , the soul, the mind and the body(from most important to least) because as each day passes we are getting closer to death not further away from it. So wether you have this thoughts or not death is ultimate truth where eventually everyone’s going to die and therefore make use it these thoughts by turning into something positive and becoming a productive person through it.
To work on soul- seek truth
Mind-Read book/study
Body-exercise/diet.
Hope that helps ☺️
Original post by Shaista_A
Basically you should work on 3 concepts in your life , the soul, the mind and the body(from most important to least) because as each day passes we are getting closer to death not further away from it. So wether you have this thoughts or not death is ultimate truth where eventually everyone’s going to die and therefore make use it these thoughts by turning into something positive and becoming a productive person through it.
To work on soul- seek truth
Mind-Read book/study
Body-exercise/diet.
Hope that helps ☺️

i look after my health just fine and i study well and what truth?
i also pray and it keeps my mind off things but doesn't take away this feeling
i hope it doesn't but thank you

np, doubt i helped much, im not good at giving advice wen it comes to these types of situations
It’s a truth that once you find it you will be at complete peace ,at times of happiness you will be thankful and at times of sadness you will patience.
Because you know you are only a traveller in this world. If praying kind helps then do more of that.
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
np, doubt i helped much, im not good at giving advice wen it comes to these types of situations

me neither!
the feeling is pretty much ineffable and odd but hopefully it will go so it will be okay
me neither!
the feeling is pretty much ineffable and odd but hopefully it will go so it will be okay

Same and give daily updates on this thread so ppl know how u are doing and etc...

Latest