The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Waiting for offer

I've received 4 offers out of 5 from different universities and all I have left is to hear from Sussex. I really want to go here for uni but all my other offers have replied back quickly, so I'm slightly worried and scared that Sussex has rejected me. Is it a good or bad sign they are taking their time? need some reassurance!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Some unis are just slow...
here's a list of my offer(postgraduate):
Loughbourgh 16hrs
Nottingham 1 month
Warwick pending
Royal Holloway 2 week
Sussex 1 week
Aston 1 month (I have not even completed the application LOL)
Essex 1 month

I forgot the rest I have applied a lot of unis....
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
I applied in October for all my unis and got 4/5 offers by December but Exeter didn't get back to me til March!

it just normally depends on what theyre sifting process is like... no news is probably good news for now though! :smile:
you would have found out if they rejected you, just be patient im sure they will get back to you :smile:
Reply 4
I have applied to UWE, Gloucestershire, Brighton, Bath Spa, and Sussex! All have an offer just waiting and hoping to hear from Sussex quickly. I applied at the start of November.
Reply 5
Original post by Lawyerz
I applied in October for all my unis and got 4/5 offers by December but Exeter didn't get back to me til March!

it just normally depends on what theyre sifting process is like... no news is probably good news for now though! :smile:

thankyou this gives me plenty of reassurance!!! :smile: What are you studying?
Reply 6
It's ok! I applied in October and got my final offer only last week - you're still in the game :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by ahmiing
I've received 4 offers out of 5 from different universities and all I have left is to hear from Sussex. I really want to go here for uni but all my other offers have replied back quickly, so I'm slightly worried and scared that Sussex has rejected me. Is it a good or bad sign they are taking their time? need some reassurance!

No news simply means they haven't decided. It doesn't make a rejection more or less likely. Indeed many don't hear until March.

Congratulations on your 4 offers!

Which course have you applied for?
Reply 8
My sister got rejected from a Russel group and she had amazing grades, and I do not have the best grades so I was honestly scared of getting rejected and didn't want to waste a spot out of my choices for another uni who would accept me. Honestly, it was down to my overall confidence.
Reply 9
Original post by Doonesbury
No news simply means they haven't decided. It doesn't make a rejection more or less likely. Indeed many don't hear until March.

Congratulations on your 4 offers!

Which course have you applied for?

thankyou!! I can stop panicking now! I have applied for criminology :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by ahmiing
thankyou!! I can stop panicking now! I have applied for criminology :smile:

That has an 86% offer rate at Sussex. Assuming you are on target to meet their entry requirements you can relax and await the offer :smile:

https://university.which.co.uk/university-of-sussex-s90/criminology-3-years-9250-l311-A22-I81
Reply 11
Original post by ahmiing
thankyou this gives me plenty of reassurance!!! :smile: What are you studying?

I'm now studying law :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by KeirCKF
Some unis are just slow...
here's a list of my offer(postgraduate):
Loughbourgh 16hrs
Nottingham 1 month
Warwick pending
Royal Holloway 2 week
Sussex 1 week
Aston 1 month (I have not even completed the application LOL)
Essex 1 month

I forgot the rest I have applied a lot of unis....

Students can only apply to 5 undergrad courses and the process is somewhat different to postgrad :smile:
I wouldn't worry too much - I'm currently studying at Sussex and a few UCAS cycles ago they took ages to reply to me, whereas my friends got offers very quickly!
Reply 14
QUOTE=fairplaytoyou;75813638]I wouldn't worry too much - I'm currently studying at Sussex and a few UCAS cycles ago they took ages to reply to me, whereas my friends got offers very quickly!

Ahh that's good to hear that is literally the same story for me! Haven't heard anything back from them yet which is slightly worrying as my mum keeps going on about me for student finance, but I cant do that yet until I have heard back from Sussex!! very anxious!! two of my sisters didn't hear back from one uni at all so im slightly worried this will be the case for me now as it has been 2 months!! not too sure what to think
Reply 15
UPDATE: just received a conditional offer from Sussex after waiting 3 months!!! very happy!!☺️
congratulations!!
Try other universities..
Reply 18
Original post by princebhatia
Try other universities..

Why? They now have the offer they wanted - see above.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sent my ucas off this month and 4/5 have responded with offers woohoo. But I’m just still waiting on Sussex and I’m kind of nervous because I really want to go there but I’m below the entry requirements. Just wondering if your predicted grades were within the entry requirements of ur course or if you know anyone who was under and still got an offer ?? Thank u
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest