The Student Room Group

Official Women’s Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kelleyohara5
Is anyone interested in women's football over here and has time to chat? I'm kinda sick of trying to share my excitement with my friends and getting 'cool's and 'whatever's :biggrin:

Yes!!! Come on Liverpool Ladies :woo: Caroline Weir is my favourite player. Plus, she's hot as :wink: :lol:

There is a Womens Football thread too: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5088768
(edited 6 years ago)
Thanks Jack
Thanks Jack

No problemo - it does need more posts in it though!
Original post by Jack22031994
Yes!!! Come on Liverpool Ladies :woo: Caroline Weir is my favourite player. Plus, she's hot as :wink: :lol:

There is a Womens Football thread too: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5088768

You'll notice the poster of that thread couldn't support women's football without attacking men in the first post.

They can't help themselves.
Original post by Rock Fan
See Liverpool Ladies won 8.0 tonight over Yeovil, Villa are letting all season ticket holders in for free tomorrow which is a win win for me.

Ah if youre a Member or Season ticket holder at Liverpool, you get in free to all Ladies home games
Women's football is great. As I said in my posts above, they should at least be given a chance at being watched.
Ah if youre a Member or Season ticket holder at Liverpool, you get in free to all Ladies home games

Yeah I realised we did to it wasn't made clear till recently that if you are a season ticket holder you get in for free for all home games, next year though Villa Ladies are moving from Tamworth to pretty much back into the centre of Birmingham.
Original post by Wilfred Little
You'll notice the poster of that thread couldn't support women's football without attacking men in the first post.

They can't help themselves.

Maybe true but Idc who i splaying it. I just love football. i'd watch any game!

Women's football is great. As I said in my posts above, they should at least be given a chance at being watched.

totally agreed and now ore womens teams are becoming professional and better linked with their mens teams. PLus, BT Sport are now showing some women's games, it can only be on the way up!
Yeah I realised we did to it wasn't made clear till recently that if you are a season ticket holder you get in for free for all home games, next year though Villa Ladies are moving from Tamworth to pretty much back into the centre of Birmingham.

Is that good? My midlands geography is awful :lol:
Any unhelpful or sexist comments will be removed, positive discussion only please guys.
LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL!!!

[video="youtube;nj2g8CJXCoQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj2g8CJXCoQ [/video]
I'm thinking of going to the Bristol City Ladies s Liverpool Ladies game in April, but I work early the next day and Bits 35 miles away :/
Is that good? My midlands geography is awful :lol:

Think it will be better in the long as it is pretty close to Villa Park, as nice as ground as Tamworth is and we were getting decent crowds, it is a bit of a way out from Birmingham.
Think it will be better in the long as it is pretty close to Villa Park, as nice as ground as Tamworth is and we were getting decent crowds, it is a bit of a way out from Birmingham.

Ah good move then!
VILLA VILLA VILLA VILLA [video="youtube;8KoudRkZ858"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KoudRkZ858[/video]
Say hello to @kelleyohara5! She just made a thread about womens football which seems to have been removed now :frown:

Some of the guys in it though omg :/ Saying its 'boring' - umm its no more boring than Championship game tbh, and tbh outside the very very top of the mens game, some of it is MORE entertaining. The last Liverpool Ladies game was better to watch than the Last Liverpool game anyway! Not sure if thats because we lost to Swansea though :frown: Plus, the women in the FAWSL 1 and 2 would run rings around them! :lol:

ANyway, Caroline Weir is bae :heart:
(edited 6 years ago)
Say hello to @kelleyohara5! She just made a thread about womens football which seems to have been removed now :frown:

Some of the guys in it though omg :/ Saying its 'boring' - umm its no more boring than Championship game tbh, and tbh outside the very very top of the mens game, some of it is MORE entertaining. The last Liverpool Ladies game was better to watch than the Last Liverpool game anyway! Not sure if thats because we lost to Swansea though :frown: Plus, the women in the FAWSL 1 and 2 would run rings around them! :lol:

ANyway, Caroline Weir is bae :heart:

Not sure where that thread went :confused: EDIT: I still see the thread
Not sure where that thread went :confused:

Same - just went. :confused:
Same - just went. :confused:

Say that take it back I still see the thread

Quick Reply