The Student Room Group

RCSI- Dublin, Medicine (2018 entry) International students

Hi, I thought of starting a thread on this.
I have applied to RCSI and my stats are -
From Dubai
4A* & 5A's
IB Predicted - 40/42

Anyone else who has applied please post your stats and region.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by fallenvars
Hey there, Its about time. I was scouting for an thread!
I applied to RCSI as well my stats are -
From Singapore
Monash Foundation Year (Australia) - 84.75%

Just wondering, any idea if this would land me an interview?

I have no idea on this but we can keep each other posted :-)
Original post by shalukat
I have no idea on this but we can keep each other posted :-)

I've just applied to RCSI yesterday, I live in Brunei and am very sure I am the only student applying there in the country, because of this I am very out of the loop about the admission process. Does any one know when the first round of offers are given out?
I am from Canada and am currently enrolled in IB. I have applied to UCD and RCSI, my goal being the six year programme. I have just received my interview request from the school and I presume that offers are not issued until April/May, after the interviews. However, I am not entirely sure but I will try my best to speak with a family friend who is graduating from the programme this year and update you guys. Until then, good luck everyone! I would love to know who else has gotten an interview.
Original post by ariana890
I am from Canada and am currently enrolled in IB. I have applied to UCD and RCSI, my goal being the six year programme. I have just received my interview request from the school and I presume that offers are not issued until April/May, after the interviews. However, I am not entirely sure but I will try my best to speak with a family friend who is graduating from the programme this year and update you guys. Until then, good luck everyone! I would love to know who else has gotten an interview.

wow thats lovely to hear. what is the time span between sending off your application to receiving a confirmation that your interview is in place?
I plan on studying the 6 year program too, because I am at a disadvantage, studying the IB
Original post by whitepony1
wow thats lovely to hear. what is the time span between sending off your application to receiving a confirmation that your interview is in place?
I plan on studying the 6 year program too, because I am at a disadvantage, studying the IB

Hello,
I submitted my application by mail so I cannot be certain when my application was received. I sent it off on November 15th and got a confirmation for the application in early December. I got my request for interview on the 24th of January. So they took approximately a month and a half. Hope this helps.
Reply 6
Original post by whitepony1

Why is studying IB a disadvantage?
Reply 7
Original post by ariana890
Hello,
I submitted my application by mail so I cannot be certain when my application was received. I sent it off on November 15th and got a confirmation for the application in early December. I got my request for interview on the 24th of January. So they took approximately a month and a half. Hope this helps.

Congratulations! When is the interview? Which region are you from and can you share your stats pls if you don't mind.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Hello everyone. I'm a Scottish applicant. I applied via CAO and didn't see anything regarding an interview as part of the application, just the HPAT test in a few weeks. Maybe some applicants aren't interviewed? Not sure. I haven't heard anything yet but hopefully will get some acknowledgement of my application soon, the waiting is making me nervous! Good luck to everyone
Original post by green8
Hello everyone. I'm a Scottish applicant. I applied via CAO and didn't see anything regarding an interview as part of the application, just the HPAT test in a few weeks. Maybe some applicants aren't interviewed? Not sure. I haven't heard anything yet but hopefully will get some acknowledgement of my application soon, the waiting is making me nervous! Good luck to everyone

Hey there, I believe that only Non-EU applicants will be interviewed. Atleast that's what I read from the website.
Reply 10
Hey there, I believe that only Non-EU applicants will be interviewed. Atleast that's what I read from the website.

oh okay thanks for letting me know!
Anything heard out from RCSI for Non-Eu students? Its been quite awhile since the deadline, and they have not contacted my academic referee...
Reply 12
Anything heard out from RCSI for Non-Eu students? Its been quite awhile since the deadline, and they have not contacted my academic referee...

I am also waiting to hear from them.
Reply 13
Has any international student received an interview offer yet?
Has any international student received an interview offer yet?

Not a word from them
Reply 15
Not a word from them

Got an interview invite last night
I’m applying from Singapore
Reply 16
Original post by Ms2000

Congratulations! If you don't mind, can you please share your stats and when is the interview date?
Reply 17
Congratulations! If you don't mind, can you please share your stats and when is the interview date?

Thanks
IB predicted 41/45
Interview date-24/03/2018
Original post by Ms2000

I got the interview as well, in singapore on the 24th of March
Reply 19
I got the interview as well, in singapore on the 24th of March

Congratulations! Your stats please if you don't mind sharing.
Are the interviews in person or skype?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending