The Student Room Group

Help with a

Hi everyone! I'm absolutely stuck with this question, it seems like every answer I insert is wrong! I tried several times now, but nothing...do someone have any hint?

Wartime Diet Would do us a World of Good
Unhealthy eating habits means that we would be better off with a wartime diet, according to a public health chief.

Professor John Ashton says rationing during the Second World War ensured poorer people received the nutrients they needed, even though there were not large quantities of food. The restrictions meant that people were not obese.

In The Sunday Times, he said rationing meant “everybody was getting a balanced diet. Everybody got a proper ration and we had the best-nourished generation of pregnant women that we had ever had...

Ashton added: “Nobody is arguing for going back to rationing, but it is important to realise that when we had rationing everybody was getting the essential nutrients. What we have now is mass gluttonous malnutrition.”

Doctors who work with obese patients, however, criticised the suggestion that the British diet was healthier when rations were in place.

Professor David Haslam said: “Overconsumption is rife, but the answer is to support government, retail, public health and clinical initiatives to optimise nutritional quality of diet by 21st-century standards.”

identify those that appear in the text and which help to convey information to the reader:

-sophisticated vocabulary
-paragraphs
-exaggerated humour
-sub-headings
-expert quotes
-effective use of white space
-headline
-rhetorical questions
-disturbing imagery
(edited 6 years ago)
Okay sure, where is the question?
I excluded the following, but every the combination of the remaining keeps giving me 0% :confused::confused:

-exaggerated humour
-sub-headings
-rhetorical questions
Original post by _Eleven_
Okay sure, where is the question?

The question is
identify those that appear in the text and which help to convey information to the reader:

-paragraphs
-exaggerated humour
-sub-headings
-expert quotes
-headline
-rhetorical questions
-disturbing imagery
Original post by Anemos1999
The question is

-paragraphs
-exaggerated humour
-sub-headings
-expert quotes
-headline
-rhetorical questions
-disturbing imagery

That seems like the kind of question I would get in English. It's easy to answer if you understand each of the techniques. I never really liked English but questions like this always got me thinking. I'm going to give you some time to think about the question and answer it yourself. If you're still stuck then let me know :smile:
Thank you so much! Indeed I tried several times, also with different combination, but I've been stuck on this question for three days now and I'm going crazy (English is not my native language, maybe it's because of this)!

I though the answer was -expert quotes
-headline

But it's still 0% :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
I guess nobody can help me..sigh.

Quick Reply

Latest