The Student Room Group

is it best to start timed past papers now or do topic specific ppqs?

so for my aqa biology alevel our school has given us big packs of ppqs, one for each unit e.g biological molecules. They seem like a really great resource obviously but I have heard some people say its best just to start actual past papers right now as your getting more used to exam format ect. What do you guys think? Is a mix of ppqs and actual papers the way to go? thank you :smile:
It's a good idea because if there is something you do not know about you can toroughly learn about that specific topic
ppqs. you revise, make notes, ppqs, improve your notes on anything you've missed, ppqs, improve notes again, full timed past paper.

my routine so far for chem and phys. won't be doing full past papers until mid marchish,
Original post by BTAnonymous
ppqs. you revise, make notes, ppqs, improve your notes on anything you've missed, ppqs, improve notes again, full timed past paper.

my routine so far for chem and phys. won't be doing full past papers until mid marchish,

ok that sounds like a solid plan might copy that thanks lol. maybe ill try and finish as much of the packs as i can then when i feel ready start the past papers.
Original post by charcoal111
ok that sounds like a solid plan might copy that thanks lol. maybe ill try and finish as much of the packs as i can then when i feel ready start the past papers.

yeah that's also a good gauge; when you feel confident you know most of the content then start past papers to begin tweaking and improving areas where you lose 1 or 2 marks.

Quick Reply

Latest