The Student Room Group

did you know that immigrants...

are literally people, same as you, just from a different location?

like, wow! would you believe that?

Scroll to see replies

I thought they were homo erectus
Reply 2
Was this post inspired by the highly intellectual "Should English people be polite to immigrants" thread by any chance?
they don’t have a right to our country tho
Reply 4
Original post by Archon9
Was this post inspired by the highly intellectual "Should English people be polite to immigrants" thread by any chance?

might have triggered it :wink: been thinking about it for a while actually. it seems like immigrants get dehumanised a lot

Original post by D3LLI5

what nonsense are you on about at this time of night?
Original post by faloodeh

Obviously. I revised it for my STEP III examination
Reply 6
Original post by Kyber Ninja
Obviously. I revised it for my STEP III examination

If only more people revised properly :moon:
might have triggered it :wink: been thinking about it for a while actually. it seems like immigrants get dehumanised a lot

what nonsense are you on about at this time of night?

Many people seem to think that denying someone the ability to live in this country means you don’t view that person as a person
Reply 9
Original post by D3LLI5
Many people seem to think that denying someone the ability to live in this country means you don’t view that person as a person

glad thats not me then :smile:

Original post by It's****ingWOODY

i was baffled when i found out, believe it or not!
Reply 10

... and one country's immigrant is another country's expat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by D3LLI5

Who is this 'our' you speak of?

Far as I'm aware human beings are born on to different clumps of dirt all over this massive sphere of h2o, free to travel and reside as they please.

Wake up.
Actually I've got a positive story to share about immigrants. If you followed my thread detailing my armed robbery you would know the context. Well a person that works with me upon hearing the story decided to give me his bike for nothing and this wasn't a cheap bike (very high quality). The guy is an immigrant from Syria and his English wouldn't be described as highly proficient but he still helped me more than anyone else did. Even if a lot of my views expressed on this forum, might seem more aligned with right-wing viewpoints I would never demonise immigrants, I am only against mass immigration upon seeing how it has been mishandled and the damages it can cause to communities, like the area I got robbed in; an erstwhile affluent area turned to a ghettoised crime cesspit within a few generations.

Perhaps the reason why immigration has been handled so badly is because the immigrants themselves were not viewed as people by those in charge of immigration policies but rather as tax livestock and voting blocs for certain political parties looking to homogenise their influence?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Castro Saint
Who is this 'our' you speak of?

Far as I'm aware human beings are born on to different clumps of dirt all over this massive sphere of h2o, free to travel and reside as they please.

Wake up.

Well you’re wrong. England belongs to the English
Original post by Hirsty97
Actually I've got a positive story to share about immigrants. If you followed my thread detailing my armed robbery you would know the context. Well a person that works with me upon hearing the story decided to give me his bike for nothing and this wasn't a cheap bike (very high quality). The guy is an immigrant from Syria and his English wouldn't be described as highly proficient but he still helped me more than anyone else did. Even if a lot of my views expressed on this forum, might seem more aligned with right-wing viewpoints I would never demonise immigrants, I am only against mass immigration upon seeing how it has been mishandled and the damages it can cause to communities, like the area I got robbed in; an erstwhile affluent area turned to a ghettoised crime cesspit within a few generations.

What was the race of the person who robbed you. This should be good.
Original post by D3LLI5
Well you’re wrong. England belongs to the English

Go take a DNA test. I DARE you.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
What was the race of the person who robbed you. This should be good.

Robbed by a black guy. 10 minutes later robbed and assaulted by a gang of Pakistanis.

Fun night.
Original post by Hirsty97
Robbed by a black guy. 10 minutes later robbed and assaulted by a gang of Pakistanis.

Fun night.

lmao **** outta here?! and where was this, at your job, your home, on the way home, same place...?
Original post by D3LLI5

We do, as long as we pay taxes (that also fund your benefits, healthcare and a council house) and abide the law. The same privilege is also available to you, should you ever decide to move your ischial tuberosity to the place you would like to call your home and to work f.... hard to achieve something meaningful in your life.

That social movement across the countries and cultures gives you something fascinating, worth even more than money and power: it gives you the CHOICE and the chances to live the meaningful life.

Get your pedal bike and venture outside of your council estate: one day you may find out that the world outside is huge and has got a lot of space for all of us.
Original post by Castro Saint
Go take a DNA test. I DARE you.

What shall I find? lol. Most white Brits as in English, Scottish and Welsh, and Irish as well, are European blood, just different tribes and ethnic groups within the white race. In perhaps the USA and Latin America, whites are mixed with black and Native Indian. I think we're more purely European over here.

Quick Reply

Latest