The Student Room Group

Aston pharmacy interview 2018

What type of questions should I expect and finally I've heard there is maths involved. What type of maths is this. Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Hi Lucky10,

First of all, congrats on getting an interview!

I don't have the information for this year, but previous the interviews usually last about 10 minutes and are on a 1-2-1 basis

We ask 3 questions to assess critical thinking, problem solving and arithmetic.

On the interview day you will get (if successful) an offer.

Hope this helps. Pop over and say hello in our Aston forum, you could bump into students who are also interested in Pharmacy. ^Kam
Have all the interview offers been given out or are they given in batches?
(edited 6 years ago)
I haven’t received any interview from Aston yet... I think that they probably rejected me !!!
My score was A*BB ... I wasn’t so bad !!! I don’t know why 😭😭
Reply 4
Original post by R.amiri97
I haven’t received any interview from Aston yet... I think that they probably rejected me !!!

I have heard they are behind on applications
Reply 5
Original post by R.amiri97

You shouldnt worry, i have predictions of ABB and I got invited for an interview.
Has anyone got an offer from Asto ? Anyone know how long does it take for their offer to come through? Anyone got an unconditional or if Aston given them out?
Hey,

for those who have received an interview, I was just gonna ask: do you know what the thing on:

"Molecules to Man’ lab session: The taster teaching session will involve hand on blood pressure testing."

is about?

just a little confused
Reply 8
Original post by greenpostit
Hey,

for those who have received an interview, I was just gonna ask: do you know what the thing on:

"Molecules to Man’ lab session: The taster teaching session will involve hand on blood pressure testing."

is about?

just a little confused

Yeah all it is a little practical you do. You have a case about high blood pressure and it's basically around that and then you have a chance of taking someones blood pressure reading
Original post by Lucky10
Yeah all it is a little practical you do. You have a case about high blood pressure and it's basically around that and then you have a chance of taking someones blood pressure reading

Right, that clarifies it for me. Thank you.
Reply 10
Original post by greenpostit
Right, that clarifies it for me. Thank you.

Good luck, welcome
The practical isn’t even part of the selection process. Some people who were there when I went actually left before it. The interview itself is about 10 mins MAX - we all came out flabbergasted!! It’s an awesome place - I loved it - I really do hope they’re generous with offers!
Reply 12
Original post by munkyseemunkydo
The practical isn’t even part of the selection process. Some people who were there when I went actually left before it. The interview itself is about 10 mins MAX - we all came out flabbergasted!! It’s an awesome place - I loved it - I really do hope they’re generous with offers!

It's different for everyone, for some it may be their uni for others it may not

Hi i had my interview on 20th Jan have you received an offer yet?
Original post by the pro
Hi i had my interview on 20th Jan have you received an offer yet?

Hi - I had mine the same day! Not had anything back yet but I remember that Aston did take much longer to make interview offers than the others if applied to. I should’ve had my interview before Christmas but it clashed with another. Have you heard?
Hi - I had mine the same day! Not had anything back yet but I remember that Aston did take much longer to make interview offers than the others if applied to. I should’ve had my interview before Christmas but it clashed with another. Have you heard?

No not yet lol. Thanks for the reply be sure to tell me if you got the offer!
Original post by the pro
No not yet lol. Thanks for the reply be sure to tell me if you got the offer!

Just got the offer through - ABB. Thats it now - I’ve just got to chose where I want to spend the next 5 years of my life - I was hoping Aston was gonna make it easy for me to choose!!
Reply 17
I've had my offer from there
Just got the offer through - ABB. Thats it now - I’ve just got to chose where I want to spend the next 5 years of my life - I was hoping Aston was gonna make it easy for me to choose!!

Yeah same congrats I got mine on Friday too ! I know man it’s hard to choose 😭
I put Aston pharmacy as a reserve choice after 4 medical school. Is it possible that they can invite me for interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending