The Student Room Group

social work 2018

has anyone had an interview for social work ?
I've had two and got another three lined up. Where have you applied?
Reply 2
I’ve applied for keele , derby , staffs manchester met and Birmingham city. I’ve heard from birmingham and manchester. How was the interview? Hope it went well for you
Original post by asdfghh
I’ve applied for keele , derby , staffs manchester met and Birmingham city. I’ve heard from birmingham and manchester. How was the interview? Hope it went well for you

I've applied to:

Uni of Sheffield, Uni of York, Lancaster, Lincoln and Anglia Ruskin.

I had interview at Sheffield at the beginning of the month and it went terrible (I got rejected from there on Friday which was expected). My Lancaster interview went well and they offered me a place 3 days later. I have the rest of my interviews next month :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by kayleighisonfire
I've applied to:

I had interview at Sheffield at the beginning of the month and it went terrible (I got rejected from there on Friday which was expected). My Lancaster interview went well and they offered me a place 3 days later. I have the rest of my interviews next month :smile:

Don’t worry about it atleast you got a placee!! I’m not even sure if I’ll get in😭 I’m really nervous and what kind of questions do they ask? Also what’s the written test like ??
Original post by asdfghh
Don’t worry about it atleast you got a placee!! I’m not even sure if I’ll get in😭 I’m really nervous and what kind of questions do they ask? Also what’s the written test like ??

If you don't get in ask for feedback but also take into consideration that it is a competitive course. Just the usual ones that you would expect really. They aren't trying to trick you or anything like that. Both of my written tasks were different one was reflecting and the other was summarising and and critiquing.
I applied for an Msc at Winchester on 10/01/18 and got an offer the following day.

UOTE=kayleighisonfire;75832500]I've applied to:

Original post by asdfghh

Hey, I had one interview for my top choice uni and got in the next day, then withdrew from all my others (bit stupid I know) but all I can suggest is be yourself!!!! If you feel like you have to put a front on then think about if the course isn’t for you. Show your passion, enthusiasm and how much you want to be a social worker. Questions such as why do you want to be a social worker? Why this university?. Different unis will ask different questions, e.g. I got asked about diversity but my friend got asked about her experience in within social care. Try not to let your nerves get the best of you, because once your in the interview room then you are fine!!!
Original post by asdfghh

I have had all my interviews and confirmed an offer and back up

Quick Reply

Latest