The Student Room Group

Edexcel A level history South Africa & In search of The American Dream

I'm currently in year 12 , struggling with the content , has anyone got notes for edexcel a level history on In Search Of The American Dream?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by meryem_
I'm currently in year 12 , struggling with the content , has anyone got notes for edexcel a level history on In Search Of The American Dream?

I studied these topics last year and did really well. What exactly are you struggling with? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by SuperHuman98
I studied these topics last year and did really well. What exactly are you struggling with? :smile:

I,m struggling with all the topics we have studied so far , In south Africa were finished topic 2 and now moving on to 3 and In search of the American Dream were on our 4th unit. I also need help on how to structure a section A & B essay's as i write way to many pages (in terms of structure)
Original post by meryem_
I,m struggling with all the topics we have studied so far , In south Africa were finished topic 2 and now moving on to 3 and In search of the American Dream were on our 4th unit. I also need help on how to structure a section A & B essay's as i write way to many pages (in terms of structure)

I will tell you the revision techniques that helped me best last year.. I got 60/60 on my America paper.

If you are really really stuck on something then I just think going through the books, taking notes and or mindmap works best. For some topics I honestly had to revisit a few times as that works best. A3 sheets are also useful, making tables etc.. Also break your content down into chunks e.g. Civil Rights 1920-30,1930-45,1945-60,1960-70

Then what really helped me best was to make essay plans, and also quizzes that helped me learn the stats and events.

If you PM me one of your essays I can give you feedback
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
I will tell you the revision techniques that helped me best last year.. I got 60/60 on my America paper.

If you are really really stuck on something then I just think going through the books, taking notes and or mindmap works best. For some topics I honestly had to revisit a few times as that works best. A3 sheets are also useful, making tables etc.. Also break your content down into chunks e.g. Civil Rights 1920-30,1930-45,1945-60,1960-70

Then what really helped me best was to make essay plans, and also quizzes that helped me learn the stats and events.

Thank you , will use these techniques hopefully they will help , when i write my next essay i will PM you.My main issue is understanding the content
Reply 6

if you don't mind me asking , do you have any revision notes that i could use?

Hey this exam is in 26 days and I’m starting to worry aha. Do you have any advice on writing essays? I keep getting stuck around the level 3/4 mark when I need a 4/5 as I need an A for uni? Any advice would be appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest