The Student Room Group

Think I am ex-Muslim?

I never intended this to happen and atm I am Theist, I kinda think about a god everyday.

Yet I dislike the concept of religion, I feel like its just controlling.

Also if I have religous parents but can't move out what can I do? Just pretend im religous?

Scroll to see replies

Are you Arab?
Do you believe in Allah and his messenger? If you do then you’re Muslim
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Are you Arab?

Nope, I was born and live in UK
do you feel that it is your parents that are being controlling or islam itself?
Religion is ancient. It was convenient at its early phases but now, in this time and era, it is too restricting and making people miserable. Unlike those time, you have more freedom. Do what you want to (as long as you are aware of the potential consequences).
Nope, I was born and live in UK

Still can be an Arab and born in the uk
Reply 7
Still can be an Arab and born in the uk

meant I am not Arab and born in uk
Nothing wrong with that, make your own path in life. :smile:
Original post by JDieMstr
Religion is ancient. It was convenient at its early phases but now, in this time and era, it is too restricting and making people miserable. Unlike those time, you have more freedom. Do what you want to (as long as you are aware of the potential consequences).

I like that statement: RELIGION IS ANCIENT

isn't that why it causes so much hatred today !
I feel the Muslim religion is doing similar things that Chritianity did a few hundred years ago.

so why can't we convince people to abandon it or maybe just to listen to that sage man in Nepal ?
I never intended this to happen and atm I am Theist, I kinda think about a god everyday.

Yet I dislike the concept of religion, I feel like its just controlling.

Also if I have religous parents but can't move out what can I do? Just pretend im religous?

Pretend you're religious till uni then you can do whatever.
Alhamdulillah. Was salatu was salamu ‘ala Rasoolillah. Amma ba’d assalamu alaikum!!!

Regardless if you choose to leave Islam or not, you will never truly be happy in your heart with out Allah Azza Wa Jallah in your life!!!

This Western society causes people to suffer from severe mentall illness because they are lost in their hearts and minds and have no way of finding peace.

Islam is the path to true happness.
Original post by MoMo was A PIMP
Alhamdulillah. Was salatu was salamu ‘ala Rasoolillah. Amma ba’d assalamu alaikum!!!

Regardless if you choose to leave Islam or not, you will never truly be happy in your heart with out Allah Azza Wa Jallah in your life!!!

This Western society causes people to suffer from severe mentall illness because they are lost in their hearts and minds and have no way of finding peace.

well said. :smile:
Original post by dude101010

Jazak Allah!
Reply 14

Please tell me you are being sarcastic
Yeah i am also a ‘muslim’ and dont really know what to do anymore, I believe there is a God but I believe in my God. You know what i mean? Idk the fact that we have to ‘proof’ our beliefs puts me off like isnt my love enough? And the judgemental people in my own community don’t really help - like we can’t really talk to anyone about it but each other argh its annoying
Original post by acefrogman
I like that statement: RELIGION IS ANCIENT

isn't that why it causes so much hatred today !
I feel the Muslim religion is doing similar things that Chritianity did a few hundred years ago.

so why can't we convince people to abandon it or maybe just to listen to that sage man in Nepal ?

Main reason: Upbringing. If children were given the freedom to follow whatever religion or not any at all, I doubt that more than 10% of the world's population would be part of a religion.
Original post by Zaar
Please tell me you are being sarcastic

No, I have no need to be sarcastic. Islam is the truth!
Original post by dude101010

Lol, you do realise he’s taking the piss and parodying what Muslim apologists say, right?

The West is becoming more and more liberated from religion, and that’s only a good thing.
Reply 19
No, I have no need to be sarcastic. Islam is the truth!

Sure honey.. Whatever helps you sleep at night

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending