The Student Room Group

Which anime series to watch?

I am quite new to anime I have only seen Noragami and Zankyou no terror (terror in resonance).I really liked noragami.Does anyone know any anime like it with good quality of animation and a good plot?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have watched about 58 days worth of anime. I'll give you my recommendations on anime I think are worth watching and that will appeal to new anime watchers, along with tags that show you the overall genre of the anime.
Boku no Hero Academia - Action. This anime has many epic moments and the soundtrack is excellent. It's basically about aspiring superheroes and villains.
Code Geass - Action, Mecha.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April) - Music, Slice of Life, Drama.
Shokugeki no Soma (Food Wars) - Action.
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Slice of Life, Drama.
Kaiji - Game, Psychological, Thriller.
Amagi Brilliant Park - Comedy.
Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night UBW - Action.

I have more recommendations if you like. Hit me up on MAL: Omni99 if you want. I recommend you create a MAL account to keep track of anime you watch and chat with others about series.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Boku no Pico
Reply 3
Original post by Edoedan
Boku no Pico

xD
Reply 4
For starting anime - Death note, Attack on Titan, Sword art online, Fullmetal alchemist, Fairy tail, One punch man, Code Geass
Naruto
Original post by omni99
I have watched about 58 days worth of anime. I'll give you my recommendations on anime I think are worth watching and that will appeal to new anime watchers, along with tags that show you the overall genre of the anime.
Boku no Hero Academia - Action. This anime has many epic moments and the soundtrack is excellent. It's basically about aspiring superheroes and villains.
Code Geass - Action, Mecha.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April) - Music, Slice of Life, Drama.
Shokugeki no Soma (Food Wars) - Action.
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Slice of Life, Drama.
Kaiji - Game, Psychological, Thriller.
Amagi Brilliant Park - Comedy.
Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night UBW - Action.

I have more recommendations if you like. Hit me up on MAL: Omni99 if you want. I recommend you create a MAL account to keep track of anime you watch and chat with others about series.

Just commenting on youre choice of anime and linking it back to what the OP said.

Code Geass- Not the greatest looking anime it was made in 2007 but has a good plot in both series.
Shougeki no souma- If you don't like Ecchi or constantly nude characters than don't watch this there's a ton of it.
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Boring anime with no plot and it looks terrible
Amagi Brilliant Park - Jokes are not funny
Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night UBW- Very boring anime don't think it has a good story line, both series are good looking.

Apart from that would recommend Aldnoah Zero, it's visually stunning and has great soundtracks.
Also Attack on Titans people will howl at me for naming such a mainstream anime, but it is absolutely stunning especially season 2.
Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
DBZ
Hellsing/Hellsing ultimate
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Original post by aceplayyt
For starting anime - Death note, Attack on Titan, Sword art online, Fullmetal alchemist, Fairy tail, One punch man, Code Geass

The OP said they wanted a good quality animation anime, you have named two anime's made in 2007 and one from 2006 your idea of "good quality" is bewildering me.

Only good anime you have mentioned is One punch Man and AOT.

Sword Art online - Unless you are 5 years old which I am sure the OP is not then it is not for you, lacklustre plot with no character development.
Full metal Alchemist - I'm not sure which one you are referring to but both of them are incredibly old.
Reply 9
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
Just commenting on youre choice of anime and linking it back to what the OP said.

Code Geass- Not the greatest looking anime it was made in 2007 but has a good plot in both series.
Shougeki no souma- If you don't like Ecchi or constantly nude characters than don't watch this there's a ton of it.
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Boring anime with no plot and it looks terrible
Amagi Brilliant Park - Jokes are not funny
Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night UBW- Very boring anime don't think it has a good story line, both series are good looking.

Apart from that would recommend Aldnoah Zero, it's visually stunning and has great soundtracks.
Also Attack on Titans people will howl at me for naming such a mainstream anime, but it is absolutely stunning especially season 2.

You have bad taste in anime. Every single anime I listed is better than Aldnoah Zero. You can easily see from the MAL ratings majority agree with me. I'm surprised you talk about anime I listed when someone listed SAO tbh. Sakurasou is not boring and it does have a plot. It's a drama anime. Fate is visually outstanding which is why I listed it. The story isn't bad either. Comedy is subjective. Code Geass has good animation for its age. Food Wars has a lot of action, which is why I listed it.
Original post by arizonaidiot
Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
DBZ
Hellsing/Hellsing ultimate
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note

Seriously The OP calls for a "good-quality" anime and you list an anime from 1998 I don't think an anime from the 20th century meets that description.
Reply 11
The OP said they wanted a good quality animation anime, you have named two anime's made in 2007 and one from 2006 your idea of "good quality" is bewildering me.

Only good anime you have mentioned is One punch Man and AOT.

Sword Art online - Unless you are 5 years old which I am sure the OP is not then it is not for you, lacklustre plot with no character development.
Full metal Alchemist - I'm not sure which one you are referring to but both of them are incredibly old.

They are fine. Apart from SAO and Fairy Tail. FMA is very good and OP enjoyed Noragami so I'm pretty sure they'd enjoy FMA. Everyone's listing anime they think OP would enjoy so stop pls.
Original post by omni99
You have bad taste in anime. Every single anime I listed is better than Aldnoah Zero. You can easily see from the MAL ratings majority agree with me. I'm surprised you talk about anime I listed when someone listed SAO tbh. Sakurasou is not boring and it does have a plot. It's a drama anime. Fate is visually outstanding which is why I listed it. The story isn't bad either. Comedy is subjective. Code Geass has good animation for its age. Food Wars has a lot of action, which is why I listed it.

I actually replied to the person about SAO, you are constantly contradicting yourself one moment you say you listed Fate because of its visual appeal and the next saying that the visualness doesn't matter when it has good plot.
Reply 13
I actually replied to the person about SAO, you are constantly contradicting yourself one moment you say you listed Fate because of its visual appeal and the next saying that the visualness doesn't matter when it has good plot.

LOL your comprehension skills are terrible. I think you need to re-read what I said.
Death note
Seriously The OP calls for a "good-quality" anime and you list an anime from 1998 I don't think an anime from the 20th century meets that description.

Wait wait, an anime is not "good quality" because it's old? I don't think that's how it works, but you do you
Reply 16
Original post by Fluffybunneh
Wait wait, an anime is not "good quality" because it's old? I don't think that's how it works, but you do you

So true. (Y)
Reply 17
based on what you've watched, you'll probably like death note, parasyte and hmmhnu attack on titan?? and tokyo ghoul i guess
Original post by Fluffybunneh

" good quality animation"
Typically means visually stunning and good animation a 20th century anime won't have that.
I shortened the Quote down, you would have seen that if you would have been bothered to read the Op's statement.

All those are great quality animes with awesome characters,plots and animation.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest