The Student Room Group

My account has been shut down by Barclays because of fraud?

My account was shut down by Barclays for fraud, I need help because I want it back. After it had happened, I had received letters, and one asking me with questions about what had happened, and one asking to state if a transaction on one of the letters that had been sent to me if the transactions was fraud or general < ( I forgot the other one. Something similar to 'general', forgot.) So I had replied back to them, and they still haven't got back with me, and I really want my card back. And by the way, I'm 13.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can anyone help please?
Reply 2
First of all, inform your parents. That way you can book a meeting with them at the bank and discuss this with the manager. If all goes well, you will probably get your card back.
Reply 3
Original post by nio.m
First of all, inform your parents. That way you can book a meeting with them at the bank and discuss this with the manager. If all goes well, you will probably get your card back.

My parents know already, but I'm not sure it will be that easy way to dis discus out. Anyone's have anymore ideas please? Really need help.
What did they think was fraud on your account?
Reply 5
Original post by HiTHERE9074
My parents know already, but I'm not sure it will be that easy way to dis discus out. Anyone's have anymore ideas please? Really need help.

In terms of banking there actually isnt much you can do. Trust me, book a meeting and go from there. Even if you find a invoice that you have or reciept for the actual transaction, you will have to book a meeting with them to ensure this doesn't happen in the future and to show proof.
Reply 6
Original post by DrawTheLine
What did they think was fraud on your account?

Yes, and fraud did happen on it.
Yes, and fraud did happen on it.

I know, I was asking what the fraud was i.e. a dodgy transaction, a dodgy bank transfer, income of money or what.
Reply 8
Original post by nio.m
In terms of banking there actually isnt much you can do. Trust me, book a meeting and go from there. Even if you find a invoice that you have or reciept for the actual transaction, you will have to book a meeting with them to ensure this doesn't happen in the future and to show proof.

I think it's literally impossible though, if your bank account already has a flag next to you it/your name saying that fraud has happened on your card. If I have the flag, it's literally going to be impossible to get it it back... and this thing called CIFAS have something to do with it as well.
Reply 9
Original post by DrawTheLine
I know, I was asking what the fraud was i.e. a dodgy transaction, a dodgy bank transfer, income of money or what.

It was fraud done with my card at an ATM machine, and if I'm right money was illegally received, and fraudulent transactions were made.
So have you lost all your money?
Original post by Reece.W.J
So have you lost all your money?

I didn't lose any money, I didn't have any money in my bank, remember that I'm 13 as well. All that happened is someone else got my card, and they illegally did fraud on it, and there were fraudulent transactions. Then Barclays have blocked it...
(edited 6 years ago)
I didn't lose any money, I didn't have any money in my bank, remember that I'm 13 as well. All that happened is someone else got my card, and they illegally did fraud on it, and there were fraudulent transactions. Then Barclays have blocked it...

Just go in and get a meeting and it can probably be sorted in some way
Original post by Reece.W.J
Just go in and get a meeting and it can probably be sorted in some way

Well ugh, what if I can't get my card back. And first, I'm going to go with my friend, to ask where the letter is. After that, we'll see what happens, and where it goes.
It's very worrying.
It's very worrying.

How did someone get your card and how did they use it for fraud?
You could have big difficulty getting it back.
Have you told your parents?.
Original post by 999tigger
How did someone get your card and how did they use it for fraud?
You could have big difficulty getting it back.
Have you told your parents?.

My parents know, and I gave my card my to this person knowing without what chould actually happen...
My parents know, and I gave my card my to this person knowing without what chould actually happen...

The card is your responsibility..They will not like that.
Have the police become involved and know it was this person?
Its up to the bank. they may not let you have your account back..
You need to find out if they are going to put a cifas marker on the account, which would prevent you getting an account elsewhere.
You should ask your parents to go with you to the bank.
Original post by 999tigger
The card is your responsibility..They will not like that.
Have the police become involved and know it was this person?
Its up to the bank. they may not let you have your account back..
You need to find out if they are going to put a cifas marker on the account, which would prevent you getting an account elsewhere.
You should ask your parents to go with you to the bank.

Yeah I could not get it back. But first, I'm gonna go with my friend and ask where the letter is then we'll see what happens next. And police have not got involved, but they should really give second chances...
I know someone that gave their card to someone for money, so fraud would've occurred on his account. And he is blacklisted from his bank account, and can go re-open one until he's 16. So it would be very unfair, if I weren't allowed...

Latest

Trending

Trending