The Student Room Group

Training Contract 2020

Scroll to see replies

still haven't heard anything from Clifford chance, hoping no news is good news but I highly doubt that to be true.
Hi guys,

Has anyone by chance done a Mishcon de Reya video interview? I've got mine coming up in a few days and I would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance.
Original post by Questionasker2
still haven't heard anything from Clifford chance, hoping no news is good news but I highly doubt that to be true.

have you heard yet?
Original post by hattiefem
have you heard yet?

I haven’t heard anything from CC about my TC app and it’s almost 5 :frown:
Original post by bluedraycott
I haven’t heard anything from CC about my TC app and it’s almost 5 :frown:

Same :frown:
Original post by hattiefem
Has anyone else received a WG invite from Freshfields? Heard of one person on another thread but no one else, wondering if this means it's prob a PFO for me.

Don't worry, FF posted on their twitter feed saying they're making the effort to reply vac scheme applications first. TC applications should get a reply by the end of this month. All the best and keep going X
Original post by ducky789
Don't worry, FF posted on their twitter feed saying they're making the effort to reply vac scheme applications first. TC applications should get a reply by the end of this month. All the best and keep going X

They've sent some of their Watson Glaser tests out, as my friend and I have until tomorrow morning at 9 to complete ours. Must just have been luck that mine was looked at first, as yes they will generally sort the vac schemes out first.
Reply 47
Do you people think there's any point in applying to Travers Smith / Macfarlanes so late in? They are technically open until July but they recruit on the rolling basis and it seems they already started ACs.

Thanks!
Original post by EKaEn
Do you people think there's any point in applying to Travers Smith / Macfarlanes so late in? They are technically open until July but they recruit on the rolling basis and it seems they already started ACs.

Thanks!

In my opinion it's definitely worth applying. I applied to Travers Smith in March last year and ended up having a final round interview in April. I didn't get it, but my point is that even by that time there were still places available. The majority of people will not have applied for training contracts yet, so even though firms may have started assessment centres, they will have only held a couple, and certainly they'll be spaces up for grabs! Get in there before the Easter vac scheme people attend!
Reply 49
Original post by RaisedByWolves
In my opinion it's definitely worth applying. I applied to Travers Smith in March last year and ended up having a final round interview in April. I didn't get it, but my point is that even by that time there were still places available. The majority of people will not have applied for training contracts yet, so even though firms may have started assessment centres, they will have only held a couple, and certainly they'll be spaces up for grabs! Get in there before the Easter vac scheme people attend!

thank you so much! I am applying from overseas so the whole process is a bit alien to me.
Hi there, just out of curiosity is everyone applying for TCs here in their second or third year? :smile:
Original post by ducky789
Hi there, just out of curiosity is everyone applying for TCs here in their second or third year? :smile:

No, I'm currently working full time as a paralegal and studying the LPC part time. Many people I know are applying as graduates.
Original post by RaisedByWolves
No, I'm currently working full time as a paralegal and studying the LPC part time. Many people I know are applying as graduates.

Btw from your earlier replies it seems that you've applied to Freshfields for their TC too! May I ask whether you applied the London-Asia one or just the pure London one?
I've just received my Freshfields WG invite today. I applied straight for a TC
Reply 54
Original post by Gladstone87
I've just received my Freshfields WG invite today. I applied straight for a TC

when did you apply please and how many days were you given to complete the test?
Hi,I was just wondering if anyone knows what Mayer Brown's verbal reasoning test is for this year?
Any news from Freshfields? My portal was updated on 31st Jan :x
Original post by leye
when did you apply please and how many days were you given to complete the test?

I applied in early December for a straight TC and was given five days to do it, I got the invite to an assessment centre a few days after I did it.

However there are a couple of people at my Uni who have applied to Freshfields and haven't heard back eitehr way yet.
Hey - has anyone heard back post Slaughters interview?
Reply 59
I wonder why this thread is so dead compared to other TC threads. Shouldn't most people have applied by now?

Also, has anyone received rejections from Freshfields and HSF? Given it's been a few months since I applied, I'd assume it's PFO by now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending