The Student Room Group

A Levels and A Level English Literature...

Are these good A Levels to begin with? Not sure which, nor if, i'll drop...
- French
- History
- Biology
- English Literature

Also, what are all your experiences with A Level English Literature with OCR...I'm doing AQA now at GCSE.

Thanks,
J
Reply 1
Original post by ExamJon54
Are these good A Levels to begin with? Not sure which, nor if, i'll drop...
- French
- History
- Biology
- English Literature

Also, what are all your experiences with A Level English Literature with OCR...I'm doing AQA now at GCSE.

Thanks,
J

Would recommend English Literature, French and History
Reply 2
Original post by Beth286
Would recommend English Literature, French and History

Me too, just needed 4 for applications and fancied a contrasting subject so Biology!

Do you have any experience with OCR for English Literature?
Reply 3
Me too, just needed 4 for applications and fancied a contrasting subject so Biology!

Do you have any experience with OCR for English Literature?

English Lit and French are good to have as the essay writing in English would help French, then chose between history and biology (would recommend choosing the subject you score better at on results day) good luck:smile: no sorry however my brother currently does aqa English Lit
Reply 4
Original post by Beth286
English Lit and French are good to have as the essay writing in English would help French, then chose between history and biology (would recommend choosing the subject you score better at on results day) good luck:smile: no sorry however my brother currently does aqa English Lit

That was my thinking exactly! Thanks, defo. going to go with that.

Thanks, Beth.
I think they're really good choices! :h: I studied 3/4 of those and really loved them :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Changing Skies
I think they're really good choices! :h: I studied 3/4 of those and really loved them :smile:

Guessing the 3 essay ones...What’s the workload like? 3 essay-based subjects seems quite daunting.
Reply 7
That was my thinking exactly! Thanks, defo. going to go with that.

Thanks, Beth.

No problem! Or chose all 4 and drop the one you least enjoy the first few weeks in?? Glad to have helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest