The Student Room Group

OCR Biology New A-level H420 (2018) Thread

EXAM DATES:

H420/1 Biological processes (2h 15min) Thu 7 June am

H420/2 Biological diversity (2h 15min) Mon 11 June pm

H420/3 Unified Biology (1h 30min) Mon 18 June am

SPECIFICATION:

CALLING ALL STUDENT TAKING OCR A LEVEL BIOLOGY IN THE SUMMER OF 2018!

Lets work together to share resources, advice and tips, revision plans, practical knowledge and moral support:tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
I use this for the practice questions, they have past paper questions on each topic and the answers - http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/biology-revision/a-level-ocr-a/
Anyone got any tips for the experiment questions?? plus any good ways to find good practice questions that are OCR specific??
Reply 4
Our teachers have access to them so i guess yours do too did u ask them?
Reply 5
Original post by Thornebush1234
Anyone got any tips for the experiment questions?? plus any good ways to find good practice questions that are OCR specific??

for the experiment questions i would say just make sure you have notes for each of the 12 pags and make sure past questions are all completed if that is already done then from the other specs. aqa have similar questions which may be useful.
Reply 6
guys does anybody have the papers of AS bio from 2017 or markschemes even would be a great help thanks!
Does anyone else find the OCR A Biology (Oxford) text book summary q's and end of topic q's really hard? I feel like there's lots of info not relevant to spec in it
Reply 8
Original post by sivitm101
Does anyone else find the OCR A Biology (Oxford) text book summary q's and end of topic q's really hard? I feel like there's lots of info not relevant to spec in it

Yes everybody in my school do, they're not proper exam questions anyway the author just made them up so dont worry. what part of the book are you at?
Original post by Yukio.X
Yes everybody in my school do, they're not proper exam questions anyway the author just made them up so dont worry. what part of the book are you at?

I'm glad someone else does...I always feel so dumb when I can't answer the questions (there are a few which are standard and I can answer but the vast majority are wild af) So far we've covered all chapters except Chapter 17 - Energy for biological processes & Chapter 18 - Respiration

I have mocks next week and I wanted to do the questions in the book as extra prep to check understanding but I always struggle with them.

For example when I was doing the questions from Chapter 19, one of the questions was really synoptic and you would only know the answer if you had done Chapter 21...Although I have covered it, the Summary and End of Topic questions are never specific to the topic and often ask weird obscure things or ask things that link to later on in the course.
Reply 10
Original post by sivitm101
I'm glad someone else does...I always feel so dumb when I can't answer the questions (there are a few which are standard and I can answer but the vast majority are wild af) So far we've covered all chapters except Chapter 17 - Energy for biological processes & Chapter 18 - Respiration

I have mocks next week and I wanted to do the questions in the book as extra prep to check understanding but I always struggle with them.

For example when I was doing the questions from Chapter 19, one of the questions was really synoptic and you would only know the answer if you had done Chapter 21...Although I have covered it, the Summary and End of Topic questions are never specific to the topic and often ask weird obscure things or ask things that link to later on in the course.

Yh ikr but the practice questions at the end of each chapter are not so bad they’re a mixture between real exam questions and ones they’ve made up. You can always do the past papers from old spec tho if you haven’t finished them all yet.
Its that time of year
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by HateOCR
Its that time of year

what time? lol
Original post by Yukio.X
what time? lol

This threads going to bloom in june haha
Does anybody have the exact practicals that we have to know for the exam because on the spec it’s very imprecise. It dose really tell us all that could come up
Reply 15
Does anyone have practice paper and mark scheme for biology A H420/1 set 1 (please help me asap)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSce3H9d4C8R12qYugTRM-jC_9eZub3OlSDN55lMXRD-z-KFog/viewform developing an app to help people study please fill out this google form to help the development of the app :smile: thanks!
Does anybody have the Biology practice papers??
Original post by hatebio
Does anyone have practice paper and mark scheme for biology A H420/1 set 1 (please help me asap)

have you got them?
Hi :wavey: Nice exam thread! I've added it to our big list of exam threads here where you can find helpful threads for all the exams you're doing :h: If you feel like making any more exam threads, let me know the link and I can add it in as well! Happy revising :bl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending