The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Pharmacy Interview Help

I've been invited to an interview at Cardiff Uni to study pharmacy and I was just wondering what the interview process includes.
I heard from some of my classmates that in their interview at Swansea that one of the elements of the interview was to have a group discussion with all the interviewees on a particular topic, does anyone know if Cardiff do this?

-Do I need to bring anything with me such as copies of my GCSE certificates?

-Any difficult questions that you were asked during your pharmacy interview?

-In my invitation email it said that I would need to sit a numeracy test, is it difficult? Any A-Level Chemistry based calculations or is it just general maths?
Thank you for your help.
Hey - sorry you haven't had any responses so far. I'm just going to pop this in the Cardiff forum for you. Hopefully someone will see this there and be able to help
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by pharmagirl9
I've been invited to an interview at Cardiff Uni to study pharmacy and I was just wondering what the interview process includes.
I heard from some of my classmates that in their interview at Swansea that one of the elements of the interview was to have a group discussion with all the interviewees on a particular topic, does anyone know if Cardiff do this?

-Do I need to bring anything with me such as copies of my GCSE certificates?

-Any difficult questions that you were asked during your pharmacy interview?

-In my invitation email it said that I would need to sit a numeracy test, is it difficult? Any A-Level Chemistry based calculations or is it just general maths?
Thank you for your help.

I have my interview tomorrow and I'm so nervous, I wish us both the best of luck!!
Reply 3
Original post by Sarah326
I have my interview tomorrow and I'm so nervous, I wish us both the best of luck!!

I have mine tomorrow as well! I'm also very nervous because Cardiff is my first choice university, but the important thing to remember is that the interviewer isn't there to catch you out, they're just there to learn more about you and your passion for pharmacy and the university! Good luck to you also, I'm sure you'll do exceptional!
Reply 4
I have mine tomorrow as well! I'm also very nervous because Cardiff is my first choice university, but the important thing to remember is that the interviewer isn't there to catch you out, they're just there to learn more about you and your passion for pharmacy and the university! Good luck to you also, I'm sure you'll do exceptional!

Haha, Cardiff is my first choice as well!! It's my first interview so I don't know what to expect and that makes me very nervous. Im sure you'll do a fantastic job :smile:. I've heard that the maths shouldn't be very difficult as maths A-level isn't compulsory for those looking to study Pharmacy. I guess we just have to be ourselves and try our best.

Best of Luck :smile:.
Reply 5
Haha, Cardiff is my first choice as well!! It's my first interview so I don't know what to expect and that makes me very nervous. Im sure you'll do a fantastic job :smile:. I've heard that the maths shouldn't be very difficult as maths A-level isn't compulsory for those looking to study Pharmacy. I guess we just have to be ourselves and try our best.

Best of Luck :smile:.

How did it go?!
Reply 6
How did it go?!

Went well, I was the first interview which made me nervous but yeah.
What time was yours and how did it go?
Reply 7
Went well, I was the first interview which made me nervous but yeah.
What time was yours and how did it go?

Awh good I’m glad! I was so nervous but my interviewer was really nice and chatty which made me more comfortable so I thought it went really well, way better than I expected haha. She actually said that she was going to recommend me to receive an offer which I was so happy about :smile:
Reply 8
Awh good I’m glad! I was so nervous but my interviewer was really nice and chatty which made me more comfortable so I thought it went really well, way better than I expected haha. She actually said that she was going to recommend me to receive an offer which I was so happy about :smile:

Have you heard back from them?
I got an offer from them!!
Reply 9
Have you heard back from them?
I got an offer from them!!

Yeah and me! Congratulations :smile:
Reply 10
Yeah and me! Congratulations :smile:

What ddid they end up asking you questions on? How did the maths test go?
Original post by jnnyp
What ddid they end up asking you questions on? How did the maths test go?

I didn’t have many questions but that was because one topic just led to another, but the questions I remember is “why Cardiff?” & “what are you learning in school currently that’s relevant to pharmacy”
Maths test was simple but since I do a level maths I just over complicated it but I was told by a postgraduate student that the test is only to see if you’d need extra help with maths so I wasn’t too worried about it.
Reply 12
Hello, congratulations. I've got an interview soon also and am pretty nervous especially for the maths section. Does the interviewer ask you the maths questions directly or is it completed separately from the interview. :smile:
It’s Separate from the interview you’ll either have it before or after your interview, it’s a question paper so You’re not asked the questions directly and it’s very simple .. if you do a level maths do not over complicate it like I did haha, although the test is to see if you’d need any mathematical help whilst being on the course as I was told by a postgraduate student so there’s no need to worry about it, I didn’t do well in it because I was over complicating things but I still got an offer! Good luck!
I just got an mail for an interview but doesn't say I have to do a maths test?
I had an email the other day and it doesn’t say anything about a maths test either
I got the email about the date and time of my interview, but I didnt receive any calls from them on the day of my interview...
Original post by vicksdotdot
I got the email about the date and time of my interview, but I didnt receive any calls from them on the day of my interview...

The email says you need to email them back to confirm the date of the interview, that may have been the case
Original post by Anonymous
The email says you need to email them back to confirm the date of the interview, that may have been the case

Hi. When did you receive the email for your interview. I applied before 12 days and till now I haven't received an email regarding the interview. is it normal?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending