The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Has anyone received an offer that wasn’t given on the 19th of January (HK time)?
Reply 41
No, not yet. When did you have your interview? I had it on the 20th of December
Anyone received interview invitation or getting offer after Group Session in KL on 20 January?
I have not heard from them yet.I am guessing they inform us within a week if you got shortlisted.
Reply 43
Anyone got offers who went to the MMI on the 20th of Dec? I suspect another batch for people who went on the 20th would be sent out later this week.
Original post by kat0503
Anyone got offers who went to the MMI on the 20th of Dec? I suspect another batch for people who went on the 20th would be sent out later this week.

I think another batch of offers would be sent out tomorrow for those who had the interview on 19-20/12. Not a lot of people were in the first batch.
Reply 45
Hopefully, did anyone who went on the 20th got offers?
So I got IB PG 43/45 as well.

I did the first round MMI interview on 19/12.

But then I heard that the offers will be all sent out by the end of January.

So I am kinda worried, as I still haven't received anything yet.
Original post by mszcc
Hi there! I'm an applicant from Canada, received my interview invitation yesterday. Was wondering what the MMI interview was like? Do they require you to answer complex medical ethics questions in Cantonese? Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Original post by lopyb
Hey! I'm also from Canada :P. I found some information yesterday online about how the MMI interview will be 4 different stations. I emailed Jeff and asked if the scenarios will be written or presented to us in English or Chinese, and he didn't want to give too much info as he replied back with "The interview will be conducted in both English and Cantonese".

Original post by mszcc
I cant read chinese so im praying they dont make the prompt in chinese!

Original post by teetwo123
Would you mind sending out that information? I can’ find anything online about it haha

I can confirm if you state clear you are International student and cannot understand Chinese at all(Cantonese/Mandarin), the interview will be conducted in English.
HKU is taught in full English, but I know some course in CUHK is taught in Chinese.

Sources: me, Hong Konger
Reply 48
is there any one receiving offer now?
No. Has anyone, who attended interview on 19/20 Dec in Hong Kong, received offer or condition offer?
Reply 50
Noooo.... I don't think so...
But I hope you guys are doing well
Few more months to go guys
Believe in yourself Add oil
Best of luck :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 51
Original post by jl003
Noooo.... I don't think so...
But I hope you guys are doing well
Few more months to go guys
Believe in yourself Add oil
Best of luck :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I heard the result may come out by Jan which means today is the last day to wait.
Reply 52
Keep hope aliveLet's wait for offers in august
I phoned the HKU medicine office. They said all offers of this batch were sent. We do not need to wait...
Reply 54
Original post by nigelleung
I phoned the HKU medicine office. They said all offers of this batch were sent. We do not need to wait...

does it means if students do not get an offer now, it means they are no longer under consideration?
I think so but I do not want this to be true. Is here anybody a degree holder or just doing first degree?
Mind if I ask for you guys' stats? I know someone who got an offer with pretty bad grades. Not sure what they base on when giving out offers.

Add oil!!!
Original post by nigelleung

When did they send out the offers?
Original post by iwannabeadoc
Mind if I ask for you guys' stats? I know someone who got an offer with pretty bad grades. Not sure what they base on when giving out offers.

Add oil!!!

If it is okay with your friend, what are his/her stats like?
Not the last week of January, what I know is.

Latest

Trending

Trending