The Student Room Group

Do earrings look gay/douchey on guys

I’m a 17 year old guy , I’m thinking about getting a piercing on my left ear , do girls find it gay or douchey ? A girls opinion would really help , thanks 😊
I’m a girl and I to be honest if a guy had a piercing it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest- and I don’t think it’s something boys should be judged over either. If you want a piercing I say just go for it!!
Reply 2
So long as it ain’t hoops you’re good! Although the really small ring sized hoops are pretty cool. if you have a effeminate vibe/look it probably won’t help
(edited 6 years ago)
It wouldn’t bother me, I think it looks cool.
Reply 4
They suit some people more than others. Most people barely notice that I have my ear done.
Look like the sort of thing someone who says things 'look gay' would wear.
Earings are gay srsly
Reply 7
Original post by HannahM0410
I’m a girl and I to be honest if a guy had a piercing it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest- and I don’t think it’s something boys should be judged over either. If you want a piercing I say just go for it!!

Thanks !
Reply 8
Original post by emma1404
It wouldn’t bother me, I think it looks cool.

Thanks !
i sometimes wear mine, got it at 12 lol wore it everyday almost till 19. I went from the small loops like this

to regular studs. I wear it less now that I work in an office environment. No one who wore them was considered gay, girls often like it on men. Never stopped Colin Farrell and them.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
i sometimes wear mine, got it at 12 lol wore it everyday almost till 19. I went from the small loops like this

to regular studs. I wear it less now that I work in an office environment. No one who wore them was considered gay, girls often like it on men. Never stopped Colin Farrell and them.

I think it depends on age.

You can get away with it if you're a teenager, under 25 at a push.

Charlie Nicholas just looks silly on Soccer Saturday imo.
Reply 11
I have my septum, lobes, rook and helix done (right ear)

I have not once been called gay for them (despite being gay lmao)

they actually make me look tonnes more masculine

and they can be shiny
this question has been asked of us before....

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3777325
Original post by Wilfred Little
I think it depends on age.

You can get away with it if you're a teenager, under 25 at a push.

Charlie Nicholas just looks silly on Soccer Saturday imo.

well as I said I wear it less now because I work in a professional environment, and I've laid off since I was 19, which is under 25. I think Nicholas just wants to look cool for the youngins who tune in, he dont wanna look like an old fellow. He rocked the loop when he was youngr too.

my dad did as well, always got the birds :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest