The Student Room Group

Subsequent Maintenance Load Application

Hi,

Earlier this year I applied for and was granted a loan for my tuition fees. However, at the time I did not require a maintenance loan so I opted not to apply for this. However, due to unforeseen circumstances I now need the maintenance loan for this upcoming semester. Is it possible to now apply for a maintenance loan, despite the lateness and existing tuition fee loan? If so how can I do this?

Many thanks,

Nick
Original post by Nick Holliday
Hi,

Earlier this year I applied for and was granted a loan for my tuition fees. However, at the time I did not require a maintenance loan so I opted not to apply for this. However, due to unforeseen circumstances I now need the maintenance loan for this upcoming semester. Is it possible to now apply for a maintenance loan, despite the lateness and existing tuition fee loan? If so how can I do this?

Many thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

It is absolutely possible to apply for the maintenance loan now. All you have to do is:

-login to your online account

-Click 'expand' (it should be next to where it says your application has been approved).

-Click 'change my application' (It's near the bottom of the page after you click expand).

-Select 'loan amounts'.

It will either let you change your maintenance loan there or it may ask you to complete a very short form to change the maintenance loan.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
John.
Hi John,

That's great, thanks so much for your help - new loan request successfully sent.

Cheers,

Nick
Hi John,

That's great, thanks so much for your help - new loan request successfully sent.

Cheers,

Nick

Brilliant.

You're very welcome,
John.
Sorry, just a quick one.

Upon getting approval for the maintenance loan, approx how long will it take to receive the loan?

Many thanks,

Nick
Sorry, just a quick one.

Upon getting approval for the maintenance loan, approx how long will it take to receive the loan?

Many thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Once approved, allow time for the payment to be scheduled on the system.

The payment then automatically is submitted with confirmation of registration from your university, it then takes three to five working days for a bank transfer.

Regards Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending