The Student Room Group

anyone else hate S1 with a passion?

M1 was amazing compared to this mess. i've resorted to learning it instead of understanding it. statistic questions to me are as confusing as figuring out what your third aunt's husband's cousin sister is in relation to a family tree, it's just so hard to follow from the root, the question is worded weirdly and misinterpreting is easy to do. i had to do a paper today with complete open book cos i understood nothing :redface:
I always hated interpolation, and those stupid bell graphs we had to draw. Mine looked nothing like the ones in the book.
It's my least favourite to teach -it's hard to make it engaging and interesting.
Completely agree, I hate stats more than anything - it's boring as hell but it's not even easy either so like what is the point :mad:
Original post by Muttley79
It's my least favourite to teach -it's hard to make it engaging and interesting.

You have the best name and profile and one of, if not the best profile picture on the forum.
You done D1/D2 yet? I preferred stats to those (BTW S2 is better than S1 - thankfully)
Reply 6
I think the new spec has the compulsory equivalent of S1/M1 and I do prefer Mechanics over Statistics.
Original post by Andrew97
You have the best name and profile and one of, if not the best profile picture on the forum.

Many thanks :smile:
I hate my exam board (edexcel) for stats with a passion, too many ambiguities in the text book. As for the subject itself, it is a BIT boring tbh - I much prefer core.
S1 is my favourite because I find statistics interesting, C3 is what I hate
Normal Distribution is beautiful. I can't remember what the rest of S1 was about though.
I didn't like M1, I didn't see the point of memorising formulas.
Original post by Muttley79

I'm a professional statistician and I'm horrified by it...

Quick Reply

Latest