The Student Room Group

Odp 2018

Hi, are there any ODP 2018 intake students with offers? I just received interviews for Leicester, Portsmouth and Oxford; just waiting for Cardiff.

Scroll to see replies

I have conditional offers from Coventry & Staffordshire, and I have interviews in the new year at BCU and UCLan. Good luck with your interviews :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you so much. Wishing you good luck for your upcoming interviews as well. Yeah, I got a offer from Portsmouth, just waiting for the interview and offers for the others :smile:
Reply 3
Has anyone got an interview offer from Cardiff?
Reply 4
I too have an interview at BCU for ODP coming up, have you had yours yet? I am sp nervous, not sure what questions to expect. What did you get asked in your previous interview? Any tips? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by wannabeodp

Hey! I too have an interview at BCU for ODP coming up, have you had yours yet? I am sp nervous, not sure what questions to expect. What did you get asked in your previous interview? Any tips?
I have an offer from Edge Hill for September 2018. I wish I could start in April..
Reply 7
@Study96_ most of my interviews included scenario based questions about what an ODP would do, makes sure your aware of the role of ODP and your strengths and weakness for the role.
Reply 8
I have an interview at Hull in February.

Offered with my first choice of placement!!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Untitled99
@Study96_ most of my interviews included scenario based questions about what an ODP would do, makes sure your aware of the role of ODP and your strengths and weakness for the role.

Thanks!
Hey, congrats! They gave me an offer aswell...i applied for the manchester campus. Is it your first choice?

Original post by Dental Nurse 007
I have an offer from Edge Hill for September 2018. I wish I could start in April..
Original post by RianneMon93
Hey, congrats! They gave me an offer aswell...i applied for the manchester campus. Is it your first choice?

Great news, well done Xx
It is my first choice, I will be in Ormskirk, not sure if I can shift to Manchester campus, and if it's a good idea (due to traffic, I live in Bolton). I applied to Uclan too, but no response.
oh brilliant! You should contact them and see if you can. I had an interview with birmingham which I am still waiting to hear from.
Great news, well done Xx
It is my first choice, I will be in Ormskirk, not sure if I can shift to Manchester campus, and if it's a good idea (due to traffic, I live in Bolton). I applied to Uclan too, but no response.
How was your interview at Hull? I'm applying for 2019 intake x
Reply 14
Hey,

I am currently a dental nurse and been unsuccessful for dental hygiene and therapy this year so considering ODP as this was my second choice to apply next year. I am half way through an access course atm too, does anyone know how many places there normally are for odp?? and how competitive it is?? really starting to feel for it but worried incase it is just as competitive!! Was wondering if anyone could help me out thanks xx
Original post by mcqwe
does anyone know how many places there normally are for odp??

As far as I remember for Edge Hill, 260 applicants for 40 places ODP, 2016 statistic.
Perfect your personal statement, when it comes to medicine, most unis selection is based on PS.
Reply 16
As far as I remember for Edge Hill, 260 applicants for 40 places ODP, 2016 statistic.
Perfect your personal statement, when it comes to medicine, most unis selection is based on PS.

Ah thank you!! I appreciate it :smile: are you a dental nurse too? X
I have also been offered a place at edge hill for odp is anyone taking this as their first choice I will be x
Original post by Danielle2017
I have also been offered a place at edge hill for odp is anyone taking this as their first choice I will be x

How hard did you find it to get a place in applying for next year so nervous about the while process ? X
I was so nervous but honestly it was fine there's nothing to worry about I was asked a lot more questions than expected I was told by others around 5 I think I got asked about 11 and a scenario but as long as u have done research about the role and recent nhs news also the Francis report you will be fine the men doing the interview were really friendly also the maths and English were really straight forward nothing like the example online. I only had my interview on Tuesday morning and got sent an offer last night so only waited a day it did feel like a month tho lol. good luck and if you want to ask any more questions Il be happy to help x

Quick Reply

Latest