The Student Room Group

Driving 41 mph in a 30 mph zone

I was doing 41in 30 zone what happens now
Original post by Melburke

I've moved your post to a brand new thread, please don't bump old threads.

If there was a speed camera, you'll more than likely get a fine and points.
Reply 2

You stop driving?
Reply 3

Should just get a driving awareness course. Depends on the limits set in the area you were caught? Although I think this is over that so usually falls under "Band B" category for fines.

Usually get 4-6 points or a certain amount of days disqualified its around a month if I remember correctly. Also get a fine, this however depends on your weekly income or something. Not entirely sure how the fines are calculated to be honest but the punishment is usually - Points and fine or disqualification and fine.
I hope no-one was hurt. Accept any fine and points with a good grace.
you killed someone now you are wanted and your friends want to sell you out :s-smilie:

Err, probably nothing? Unless you happened to drive past a speed camera, and, at that, one that was actually functional?

Do you have any more context?
The police go to your house, scream at you to get on the floor whilst aiming live weapons at you, at which point you promptly void your bowels, and then they laugh and say "nah we just want your license to put 3 points on it." You emerge from this scenario never the same person again.
Reply 8
If you was stopped by a police officer, he/she would have given you a discretionary warning, a fixed penalty that you can contest in court or offered you a speed awareness course.

If you was caught by a camera, you'll receive a letter in the post soon with a fixed penalty or the option of a course. If you opt for the course, make sure you attend.

Slow down a little.
Reply 9
Nothing most likely.
The attack helicopters are on their way.

You'll be fine. If you suspect there was a camera then they have 14 days to send you a fine in the post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending