The Student Room Group

Cerelle mini pill

Hi,
I’ve been taking cerelle for just over a month now and have the most irregular periods since being on it! I’ve not had a week yet when I haven’t been on either for a few days or just a little bit! I am worried that this isn’t going to stop! I have seen loads of people have had month periods but not as many as I seem to be having??

Do I stick this pill out and hope it settles in a couple of months as advised or go back to the doctors?? Please help!!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I’ve been taking cerelle for just over a month now and have the most irregular periods since being on it! I’ve not had a week yet when I haven’t been on either for a few days or just a little bit! I am worried that this isn’t going to stop! I have seen loads of people have had month periods but not as many as I seem to be having??

Do I stick this pill out and hope it settles in a couple of months as advised or go back to the doctors?? Please help!!

I would call your doctors surgery and see if you can talk to a doctor or nurse about it. That or see what your pharmacy says.
Irregularities with bleeding are a common side effect with the pill, especially when starting it, but it's probably better to hear that from somebody a bit more qualified and maybe get some advice on what to (or not to) do about it.
They normally say give it a few months too get used too your body. But i gave mine 4 months and i was the same. I bled nearly every day. Its frustrating isnt it. I went back too the doctors and they were really nice at the time and put me on something else. Thats why i started coming on here too get an idea of other peoples experiences. Dont worry. It might be worth making an app with the doctor or nurse.

Quick Reply

Latest