The Student Room Group

Will i get disqualified? Maths Aqa Gcse

im super stressed, in year 10 i had created an AQA allaboutmaths account after inspiration from a teacher, the school has to verify i am a teacher in order for me to get access to this account, long story short i have an account to it and i found out someone had tried to make an account but the school didnt verify it therefore they had been reported to Aqa and could face any penalty, i am super worried, if i get disqualified by aqa can i do maths gcse on a different exam board privately?
Reply 1
Original post by YD17HXM
im super stressed, in year 10 i had created an AQA allaboutmaths account after inspiration from a teacher, the school has to verify i am a teacher in order for me to get access to this account, long story short i have an account to it and i found out someone had tried to make an account but the school didnt verify it therefore they had been reported to Aqa and could face any penalty, i am super worried, if i get disqualified by aqa can i do maths gcse on a different exam board privately?

Your post is confusing. I'm sure plenty of students try to register for an account and it's not verified by the school so AQA ignore it. If something else happened then please try to explain again.

"Inspiration from a teacher" - did your teacher/school help you in any way to make the account? Also, did you put your actual name when making the account?
Reply 2
Original post by Notnek
Your post is confusing. I'm sure plenty of students try to register for an account and it's not verified by the school so AQA ignore it. If something else happened then please try to explain again.

"Inspiration from a teacher" - did your teacher/school help you in any way to make the account? Also, did you put your actual name when making the account?

Yes i was stupid enough to use my school email, also my teacher knew i had that account even though i was not meant to. Do you think i have a valid defense?
Reply 3
Original post by YD17HXM
Yes i was stupid enough to use my school email, also my teacher knew i had that account even though i was not meant to. Do you think i have a valid defense?

But the account was verified and i have access to all of the resources but have not used it in a while. Aqa and my school had verified ot which is the most confusing part!
Reply 4
Original post by YD17HXM

Ah I understand so your school saw that you had tried to make an account. But you didn't actually gain access (EDIT : the OP did).

I'm sure it's tempting for students to register for this so I'm guessing it happens quite a lot. I would have thought that nothing would happen normally but if your school reported it to AQA then maybe it's more serious and I shouldn't be guessing what will happen. I'll tag some people who know more:

@gdunne42 @Compost
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Notnek
Ah I understand so your school saw that you had tried to make an account.

I'm sure it's tempting for students to register for this so I'm guessing it happens quite a lot. I would have thought that nothing would happen normally but if your school reported it to AQA then maybe it's more serious and I shouldn't be guessing what will happen. I'll tag some people who know more:

@gdunne42 @Compost

They havent seen yet but i am worried that they will somehow but thanks for the help
Reply 6
Original post by YD17HXM
But the account was verified and i have access to all of the resources but have not used it in a while. Aqa and my school had verified ot which is the most confusing part!

Hmm maybe your school verified you by mistake? If you actually gained access to the resources then I can see now why your school would report it.
Reply 7
Original post by Notnek
Hmm maybe your school verified you by mistake? If you actually gained access to the resources then I can see now why your school would report it.

But then surely that is not my fault, aqa has to call the head of department i believe to verify the account
Reply 8
Original post by YD17HXM
But then surely that is not my fault, aqa has to call the head of department i believe to verify the account

There could be a few things going on here and it's hard to know what will happen. Most people on here won't know either but I've tagged a couple of people above that may know more - you probably won't get a response tonight.
Reply 9
Original post by Notnek
There could be a few things going on here and it's hard to know what will happen. Most people on here won't know either but I've tagged a couple of people above that may know more - you probably won't get a response tonight.

Thanks again
Never experienced this so I don't know what AQA's response would be but I doubt they'd ban you from any exams. I have had parents try to get eAQA accounts but they come to the exams officer to be verified so I just reject them and have not landed up with this problem.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by YD17HXM

I really don't understand your comment "inspiration by a teacher"
A student should not have access to all about maths, aqa release practice papers and recent papers through there that are often used by schools for mocks.
However, you don't get access to some more confidential things that are available through E-AQA and cannot get any exam advantage so I'm sure there would be no punishment if it was discovered.
Reply 12
Original post by gdunne42
I really don't understand your comment "inspiration by a teacher"
A student should not have access to all about maths, aqa release practice papers and recent papers through there that are often used by schools for mocks.
However, you don't get access to some more confidential things that are available through E-AQA and cannot get any exam advantage so I'm sure there would be no punishment if it was discovered.

sorry, it was very unclear, if i remeber correctly, a teacher was using it infront of us, so as a joke i told him i had made one and decided to make on while knowing that it wouldnt be verified, long story short, that teacher knew i had a working account but i dont understand why it was verified.
Original post by Compost
Never experienced this so I don't know what AQA's response would be but I doubt they'd ban you from any exams. I have had parents try to get eAQA accounts but they come to the exams officer to be verified so I just reject them and have not landed up with this problem.

Hi do you have an e AQA account which i could perhaps use?
I successfully did that a couple of years ago when I was in school.
No one said anything to me about it.
Original post by glassalice
I successfully did that a couple of years ago when I was in school.
No one said anything to me about it.

Hi! Do you have a login which I could use?
Original post by Esfand123
Hi! Do you have a login which I could use?

Umm no I don't. It was a couple of years back.
Original post by Esfand123
Hi do you have an e AQA account which i could perhaps use?

I do but I would not share it - if I did I would be guilty of malpractice and it would probably be grounds for dismissal from my job.
Reply 18
Original post by Compost
I do but I would not share it - if I did I would be guilty of malpractice and it would probably be grounds for dismissal from my job.

True but you'd probably get +rep on TSR. Swings and roundabouts.
Original post by Notnek
True but you'd probably get +rep on TSR. Swings and roundabouts.

Now you put it like that..... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest