The Student Room Group

Evidence you made an in time application

Hi
I am the family member of an EU citizen, I made an application to SFE for my bursary, i have submitted all the required documents, but i was asked to get a letter from the home office to state that i made an in-time application for my biometric resident card.
the home office said they do not give such letter, and without this SFE said my application cannot be continued, please what do i do, how do i go about this? any advice ? Thank you
Original post by goodyugo
Hi
I am the family member of an EU citizen, I made an application to SFE for my bursary, i have submitted all the required documents, but i was asked to get a letter from the home office to state that i made an in-time application for my biometric resident card.
the home office said they do not give such letter, and without this SFE said my application cannot be continued, please what do i do, how do i go about this? any advice ? Thank you

Hi goodyugo,

You have applied as a home student as you have Indeffinite Leave To Remain, ILR.

To be eligible you need to show that you have been ordinary resident in the UK for the three years prior to the start of your course

You can hold any status in the time prior to this as long as this is granted by the Home Office and covers the full period.

If there is a gap in the status during these three years you need to provide evidence that you had made an in time application with the Home Office for further status to be granted.

That means evidence of your previous status and evidence that you applied for ILR before it expired.

In instances where you cannot provide this evidence as you may no longer have the required documents then you can send in a written signed letter with your customer reference number, advising they cannot provide this evidence and we will look at further checks, i.e. Home Office.

Regards Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending