The Student Room Group

Liverpool Dentistry Applicants 2018

Hey all! 🙂 no page made yet so decided to make one for the whole process! 😁 What are everyone’s stats for their GCSE’s and UKCAT? 😁 anyone know what way the Liverpool selection process occurs?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lk99
Hey all! 🙂 no page made yet so decided to make one for the whole process! 😁 What are everyone’s stats for their GCSE’s and UKCAT? 😁 anyone know what way the Liverpool selection process occurs?

Hey...
4A* 5A at GCSE
737 UKCAT band 1
A*A*A* prediction
A in AS physics and A* in a alevel Italian both achieved

I emailed Liverpool and they said:
When shortlisting for interview we would first check that the academic criteria has been met. For applicants who fulfil this criteria (minimum A level and GCSE requirement in place), we would then look at their UKCAT scores in conjunction with their Personal Statement (which we score). We would then interview the top 300 students from this group and an offer would then be dependent on the applicant’s interview score.
Original post by lk99

What are your stats? And where else have you applied???
Reply 3
My stats are...
GCSE: 8A*, 2A
A-Level Prediction - AAA
UKCAT - 650 average band 2
Applied to Liverpool, Newcastle, QUB and Bristol!

Your UKCAT score is amazing!! Well done and good luck 😁
Original post by lk99
My stats are...
GCSE: 8A*, 2A
A-Level Prediction - AAA
UKCAT - 650 average band 2
Applied to Liverpool, Newcastle, QUB and Bristol!

Your UKCAT score is amazing!! Well done and good luck 😁

I’m going to submit my application today... I have narrowed my choices down to :
Glasgow
Liverpool
Kings
Barts
Manchester
Sheffield

Which of those 6 would be most suited to my stats do you think.. i don’t really mind where I go
Reply 5
Original post by tiger_manpower
I’m going to submit my application today... I have narrowed my choices down to :
Glasgow
Liverpool
Kings
Barts
Manchester
Sheffield

Which of those 6 would be most suited to my stats do you think.. i don’t really mind where I go

Your high UKCAT would be very good for Glasgow and Barts. Barts are 50:50 UKCAT, UCAS tariff and with A*A*A prediction you'd stand a very good chance. Sheffield also looks heavily at the UKCAT, shortlisting applicants with the highest scores. Liverpool takes into account the personal statement.
Reply 6
Glasgow
Liverpool
Kings
Barts
Manchester
Sheffield

Where are you from? I am from Northern Ireland and always had interest applying to Glasgow until I found out that for Dentistry approximately 73/90 places are for Scottish applicants so for me the narrow chance of getting a place changed my mind! I found out this information on the Glasgow University Website - in the Dentistry Admissions and also phoned and it was confirmed by admissions! Your stats are great so wherever you apply I’m sure you will have an excellent chance!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Dent_12
Your high UKCAT would be very good for Glasgow and Barts. Barts are 50:50 UKCAT, UCAS tariff and with A*A*A prediction you'd stand a very good chance. Sheffield also looks heavily at the UKCAT, shortlisting applicants with the highest scores. Liverpool takes into account the personal statement.

Are you an applicant for this year? If so where have you applied and what are your stats? 🙂
Original post by lk99
Where are you from? I am from Northern Ireland and always had interest applying to Glasgow until I found out that for Dentistry approximately 73/90 places are for Scottish applicants so for me the narrow chance of getting a place changed my mind! I found out this information on the Glasgow University Website - in the Dentistry Admissions and also phoned and it was confirmed by admissions! Your stats are great so wherever you apply I’m sure you will have an excellent chance!

I’m actually from England... though I want to go Glasgow for the experience
Reply 9
I’m actually from England... though I want to go Glasgow for the experience

You have great stats so I would go for it! I know someone from here who got an offer before! 😀 unfortunately for myself I thought it was too risky but it would have been a top choice of mine!
Hey guys! Theres a Whatsapp Chat for dental applicants for 2018 , PM me if you're interested to get added!
anyone know when the interviews will be? before or after January?
Reply 12
Original post by ssaahhaanndd
anyone know when the interviews will be? before or after January?

Most dental schools hold their interviews from December to March! It might be worth looking at the Liverpool admissions info or sending admissions an email! 😀
Original post by Revisionguide101
Hey guys! Theres a Whatsapp Chat for dental applicants for 2018 , PM me if you're interested to get added!

hi there, could i be added please :smile:
can you please add me !! :smile: 07716776212 my names hooda btw
Anybody heared anything from Liverpool yet ? Rejection ? Interveiw ?
Reply 16
Original post by will_bowhay
Anybody heared anything from Liverpool yet ? Rejection ? Interveiw ?

I haven’t heard yet! But know of a few people who have interviews!
I got an interview for the 15th, anyone else got interviews?
Hi there, congrats on getting the interview☺️ When did you hear back from them about the interview?

Original post by Pmuldoon755
I got an interview for the 15th, anyone else got interviews?
Original post by Alwaysanonymous
Hi there, congrats on getting the interview☺️ When did you hear back from them about the interview?

Thanks😊 I heard around 28th of Jan via email. Have you got any yet?

Quick Reply

Latest