The Student Room Group

Can I post my Personal Statement online

Can I post my personal statement online? I've already submitted my application and UCAS has approved it and sent it off and I've heard from a few unis, but I haven't heard from others. Am i allowed to post it online/should i?
Thanks
Reply 1
It's your own work, so you are allowed. I personally wouldn't, not until you have a place at least.

Why do you want to post it? For feedback? Private message it to someone you trust or an academic you know.
i wouldnt untill you get offers back, others may use it or use parts of it to help with theirs ygm?
Original post by Martins1
Can I post my personal statement online? I've already submitted my application and UCAS has approved it and sent it off and I've heard from a few unis, but I haven't heard from others. Am i allowed to post it online/should i?
Thanks

Why on earth would you wish to do that? You will just wreck your chances of uni choices, they could still decline you regardless of the offer.

Please do be wise and NOT post online. Its not worth it in the long-run.
Reply 4
Original post by ryanpro
It's your own work, so you are allowed. I personally wouldn't, not until you have a place at least.

Why do you want to post it? For feedback? Private message it to someone you trust or an academic you know.

It's far too late for feedback and I have an offer from my first choice uni. Someone I know is starting an information bank to help people who aren't "in the know" about Oxbridge applications to learn about them, and I was wondering if I could share that data - would be nice to help others.
Reply 5
Original post by CleverSquirrel
i wouldnt untill you get offers back, others may use it or use parts of it to help with theirs ygm?

It's too late for people to apply this year, plus UCAS would flag anyone copying mine for plagiarism. Plus, I have my first choice offer. So I think that should be ok..? But still worried about me getting in trouble for posting it (from the unis that have yet to reply, including my second choice uni).
Reply 6
Original post by MiszShorTeaa786
Why on earth would you wish to do that? You will just wreck your chances of uni choices, they could still decline you regardless of the offer.

Please do be wise and NOT post online. Its not worth it in the long-run.

So there's a chance of a potential uni rejecting me? Probably won't then...
Out of interest, why would that be (because obviously UCAS will let them know that I didn't plagiarise since it was all mine)?
So there's a chance of a potential uni rejecting me? Probably won't then...
Out of interest, why would that be (because obviously UCAS will let them know that I didn't plagiarise since it was all mine)?

It could still flag up on the system. It occurred to someone I know, lets say all of their uni offers were rejected, because of this one mistake they made to post their PS to someone else.

Im saying it for you're own good. Its good that you have an offer and all, but please do not ruin it for yourself now. :smile:
Reply 8
It could still flag up on the system. It occurred to someone I know, lets say all of their uni offers were rejected, because of this one mistake they made to post their PS to someone else.

Im saying it for you're own good. Its good that you have an offer and all, but please do not ruin it for yourself now. :smile:

Thank you, I appreciate the help! When would you suggest I can post it online? - I assume if I've started uni there's no problem.
(edited 6 years ago)
Thank you, I appreciate the help! When would you suggest I can post it online - I assume if I've started uni there's no problem!

Yes just play the waiting game and do it when you enter uni. Even then theres no guarantee.

Please do not do it at all. It can still be flagged up either way.
Reply 10
Yes just play the waiting game and do it when you enter uni. Even then theres no guarantee.

Please do not do it at all. It can still be flagged up either way.

Once one has started uni I doubt there's any problem... right? I've seen loads of Personal Statements online - doesn't seem to be any problems there.
Once one has started uni I doubt there's any problem... right? I've seen loads of Personal Statements online - doesn't seem to be any problems there.

Do so at your own risk. I personally would not fall into such. Particularly knowing how much time I spent on mine for it to be rejected.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending