The Student Room Group

A level Physics VS Maths for medicine

Which one is more relevant to take at uni and study medicine?
which one is harder at A-level? Physics or Maths?
Physics is much harder than math at A-level I think. In my school most of students could get A in math but only a few people get A in physics.
Maths is so much easier than physics so unless you REALLY need physics dont do it, i regret doing it myself tbh its so hard, got consistent D's in every test this year except for my mock which i worked my ass off for and managed to get 1 off a B i was so happy, but with maths i didn't revise as hard and was 2 off an A for my mock,

Basically, if you NEED physics do it, if you can do maths instead, do that.
Unless you really enjoy physics and you want to continue studying it, take maths. Maths would also help you in some parts of chemistry.
I can't speak for the first question but as someone who takes both a level physics and maths would definitely say maths is easier imo. Can get away wth not revising and scrape an A/A* for maths, whereas the same cannot be said for physics (although it isn't impossibly hard).
Original post by Gloriousnerd
Which one is more relevant to take at uni and study medicine?
which one is harder at A-level? Physics or Maths?

I would say Physics is more relevant coz of the Medical Imaging part of it. Still, some knowledge of Maths is also needed in Medicine, but that would be taught at uni. Again, Physics without Maths is a COMPLETE mess, I would definitely not recommend doing that. I have a classmate who does that and she's facing a bit of a problem with the Mathsy part of Physics, the A2 topics especially. Doing both, personally, I would say Maths is a lot easier because all it takes to get an A* in Maths is a bit of hardwork and LOADS of practice. You don't actually have to memorise stuff in Maths, unlike Physics. Still, its up to you!

Spoiler

Thanks, guys. :h: that helped
Reply 7
Physics isn't too hard if you work for it, but you need to be interested in it to work 😬😬 it does interlink with chemistry quite nicely.

Maths on the other hand, to get an A like everyone's said, is probably much easier as you can have much stronger areas that can carry you..
Physics is much more relevant but much harder so a bit of a trade-off. If ur already picking Chem and Bio no need to pick Physics on top of that. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest