The Student Room Group

workload for A levels

I'm looking at taking economics, history, philosophy and ethics and classics at A level but I'm not sure if I will be able to handle the workload as they are all very essay based but I don't know much about how demanding these subjects are.
What are these subjects like at A and AS level? Is it all wrote learning for exams?
Thanks, chris
Wrote learning?Son, I am dissapoint.
Reply 2
I take economics and averaging an A with about 2 hours revision all year. As far as revision for it goes, just make sure you understand the concept and know the effect of it. It is really easy if you're taking it for gcse but still probably not too bad if you've not. For every topic, I just learn the following:
Knowledge (definitions)
Application (try to think of a real world example)
Analysis
Evaluation
I'm not sure about the other subjects though, goodluck! :smile:
Original post by tbowden
I take economics and averaging an A with about 2 hours revision all year. As far as revision for it goes, just make sure you understand the concept and know the effect of it. It is really easy if you're taking it for gcse but still probably not too bad if you've not. For every topic, I just learn the following:
Knowledge (definitions)
Application (try to think of a real world example)
Analysis
Evaluation
I'm not sure about the other subjects though, goodluck! :smile:

Thanks thats really helpful for the economics side of it, i hope i find it as easy as you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest