The Student Room Group

A-Level Options

Would doing the three sciences at A-Level be hard? They're the only subjects I enjoy but should I swap a science for psychology or maths?
and could you get into top universities by taking only three sciences?
A boy in my year is doing Biology, Chemistry and Physics for A level. It will definitely be hard but if you are willing to work hard then go for it.
But overall it depends on what field you want to go into. Without maths you won't really be able to do engineering or physics degrees. But if you want to do something chemistry based or biology based like medicine then it's fine.
Physics will be harder for you then those also doing Maths but it's not at all impossible.
Overall it's up to you what you want to do. No one knows whether you should switch it for maths or psychology but you.
Good Luck.

Original post by Kiko M
Would doing the three sciences at A-Level be hard? They're the only subjects I enjoy but should I swap a science for psychology or maths?
Original post by Kiko M

People I know have done this, but in general physics is hard without maths. Maybe consider AS maths as well? What do you want to do in uni? Physics related courses would require maths but other courses such as biology do not.

Quick Reply

Latest