The Student Room Group

Excited but confused...

So I'll keep this short, I applied to do an art related course that I am quite passionate about to five universities; NUA, Falmouth, York, Portsmouthhh, and Brighton.

When applying my firm choice was intended to be Brighton until I learnt from a former student at my college that the facilities weren't that great- which has put me off completely. With Portsmouthhh, I loved their work created but I couldn't see myself going there and I didn't really like the atmosphere. I applied to York because I liked the modules but not so much their work produced.

I got offers from NUA and York- after seeing NUA at my interview I fell in love. York gave me an offer and I'm scheduled to do a portfolio day to boost my offer to unconditional and see the facilities/uni/place. This uni was a filler in the applicant process tbh. Falmouth has great student work and I always hear positive reviews about the uni but the downside is that it's a 7-hour drive. I also have an interview for this university. Also, the work seems more branding related, which is something I don't enjoy as much as other things that NUA offers.

As I don't really wish to go to Brighton/Portsmouthhh anymore I wasn't sure if to revoke my application for those two. Furthermore, I will still be going to both interviews for Falmouth/York in case I like those better than NUA. I'm going to go over this with my parents when they are home and my teachers on Monday.

Should I revoke my applications for those two uni's or go to the interviews for no reason except explore?
Original post by abbynub
So I'll keep this short, I applied to do an art related course that I am quite passionate about to five universities; NUA, Falmouth, York, Portsmouthhh, and Brighton.

When applying my firm choice was intended to be Brighton until I learnt from a former student at my college that the facilities weren't that great- which has put me off completely. With Portsmouthhh, I loved their work created but I couldn't see myself going there and I didn't really like the atmosphere. I applied to York because I liked the modules but not so much their work produced.

I got offers from NUA and York- after seeing NUA at my interview I fell in love. York gave me an offer and I'm scheduled to do a portfolio day to boost my offer to unconditional and see the facilities/uni/place. This uni was a filler in the applicant process tbh. Falmouth has great student work and I always hear positive reviews about the uni but the downside is that it's a 7-hour drive. I also have an interview for this university. Also, the work seems more branding related, which is something I don't enjoy as much as other things that NUA offers.

As I don't really wish to go to Brighton/Portsmouthhh anymore I wasn't sure if to revoke my application for those two. Furthermore, I will still be going to both interviews for Falmouth/York in case I like those better than NUA. I'm going to go over this with my parents when they are home and my teachers on Monday.

Should I revoke my applications for those two uni's or go to the interviews for no reason except explore?

Are you 100% you don't want to go to those two universities? If not then i'd go so you've no regrets.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Are you 100% you don't want to go to those two universities? If not then i'd go so you've no regrets.

Im quite positive, i went to opendays for both so i know what they are like etc, only thing holding me back from revoking is if ill feel guilty for wasting their time.
Original post by abbynub
Im quite positive, i went to opendays for both so i know what they are like etc, only thing holding me back from revoking is if ill feel guilty for wasting their time.

Theres no need to be guility about it, you're paying thousands of pounds after all.
Reply 4
Original post by abbynub

Funnily enough I'm in a similar boat to you: I've just got an unconditional offer from NUA (the more I think about it the more I love it - the course fits well with my style, amazing workspace etc). I'm yet to attend interviews for Portsmouth, Anglia Ruskin (my 'filler'), Falmouth and AUB.

I'd say still attend the interviews just to see for yourself what the unis are like, get a feel for the atmosphere (even if you've visited already you may feel differently going a second time). I suppose I'm a little biased since I'll still be attending all my interviews because 1. I want to make sure I make the right decision and 2. I've already paid for my train tickets for Portsmouth and Anglia Ruskin, so although neither are my top choices, I might as well go - they'll be good practice for my last two interviews anyway.

It is up to you. I do suggest you go to make the firm decision for yourself whether you like the university or not, but if you are 100% certain then you don't have to.
Reply 5
h
Original post by Sbbh
Funnily enough I'm in a similar boat to you: I've just got an unconditional offer from NUA (the more I think about it the more I love it - the course fits well with my style, amazing workspace etc). I'm yet to attend interviews for Portsmouth, Anglia Ruskin (my 'filler':wink:, Falmouth and AUB.

I'd say still attend the interviews just to see for yourself what the unis are like, get a feel for the atmosphere (even if you've visited already you may feel differently going a second time). I suppose I'm a little biased since I'll still be attending all my interviews because 1. I want to make sure I make the right decision and 2. I've already paid for my train tickets for Portsmouth and Anglia Ruskin, so although neither are my top choices, I might as well go - they'll be good practice for my last two interviews anyway.

It is up to you. I do suggest you go to make the firm decision for yourself whether you like the university or not, but if you are 100% certain then you don't have to.

Original post by claireestelle
Theres no need to be guility about it, you're paying thousands of pounds after all.

After thinking about it I revoked Brighton but I when think about revoking Portsmouthh I get confused and worried, maybe its because I've booked an interview for the uni, unlike Brighton. I'm happy I revoked Brighton and stress has been lifted off my shoulders, but I'm still not certain about Portsmouthhh so I may still go to the interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending