The Student Room Group

Electron physics help!

Attachment not found

need help with this question.

Thanks
Can't open the attachment sorry, take a pic maybe?
Reply 2
Try to visualise the circuit like a corridor, if the door is shut (switch open) you can't walk through, if there is a shut door and an open corridor then you can still walk through the open corridor.
Original post by BDunlop
Try to visualise the circuit like a corridor, if the door is shut (switch open) you can't walk through, if there is a shut door and an open corridor then you can still walk through the open corridor.

Original post by BDunlop

Statement A suggests that all doors are open so why wouldn't both lamps be lit.
Reply 4
Original post by gannaspanner
Statement A suggests that all doors are open so why wouldn't both lamps be lit.

Sorry, I should've been more specific.

We can assume the internal resistance of the wire here is negligible. Because the bulb A has resistance and the wire doesn't, the electrons will flow through the route that takes the least energy, so they will go through the wire and miss out bulb A, the reasons for that I couldn't give a good explanation.
Original post by BDunlop
Sorry, I should've been more specific.

We can assume the internal resistance of the wire here is negligible. Because the bulb A has resistance and the wire doesn't, the electrons will flow through the route that takes the least energy, so they will go through the wire and miss out bulb A, the reasons for that I couldn't give a good explanation.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest