The Student Room Group

Kerboodle useful

How many of you use Kerboodle and r you finding it useful at all finding answers etc? Pls let me know your thoughts

Scroll to see replies

I am in ye 10 doing Aqa triple science
Original post by Laboromniavincit
I am in ye 10 doing Aqa triple science

I, also a Yr10, use it for AQA triple science as well (+Spanish) but mainly for the checkpoint quizzes and tests that get set by my teachers. It's useful to be able to access the textbooks outside of school (and the practice questions they contain) but sometimes it's easier to find information on bitesize or generally on Google/YouTube.
Do you get the answers as well?
I find some of the questions too hard and feel out of depth specially biology. How are you finding biology ?
Do you get the answers as well?

My teachers normally give us the answers but i think if u search for them you would be able to get them. I just don't know which section it is on!
My teachers are not too helpful I find the tests useful but too much to print don’t you think?
I find some of the questions too hard and feel out of depth specially biology. How are you finding biology ?

Biology is probably my best (I'm getting 7/8s) and I find it easy...chemistry is what I find the hardest at the minute but im still getting around a 6 in that so im not doing too bad in it(I'm just working below what my teachers want!).
We do the tests in class and then the quizzes that you can do online without printing at home but I think teachers have to set them for you.
Original post by gryffindor_02
Biology is probably my best (I'm getting 7/8s) and I find it easy...chemistry is what I find the hardest at the minute but im still getting around a 6 in that so im not doing too bad in it(I'm just working below what my teachers want!).

Watch freesciencelessons on youtube.
Original post by Anonymous1502
Watch freesciencelessons on youtube.

I'll have a look later, thanks :smile:
I'll have a look later, thanks :smile:

Let me know what you think once you check it out?
How r you doing in the end of unit tests in bio? I am about 68 percent average and it’s freaking scary I am ok with chem calculation and electricity at the moment
Free science lesson is good what I am finding hard is to write pertinent answers tend to waffle on a bit on certain topics I need to polish that skill
How r you doing in the end of unit tests in bio? I am about 68 percent average and it’s freaking scary I am ok with chem calculation and electricity at the moment

I usually get about 80% I think (it's been a while since I took a bio test because of how my school does each topic). Just remember we still have over a year until we sit the actual GCSEs so there's plenty of time to practice!

Have you got any revision guides to help you? My school sell us CGP ones for £3 each(they're about £6 each normally I believe) and they're pretty good at explaining things concisely!
I love cgp guide i use the kerboodle book and workbook do you do the revision book first or read the main book?
I love cgp guide i use the kerboodle book and workbook do you do the revision book first or read the main book?

I tend to look at the revision book first because it's usually more concise and then I look at the main book for anything extra that I need
I recently had a test and lost a lot of marks on pregnancy test monoclonal as I did not get it and lost marks on Benedictus test etc cos I forgot colour change I am struggling to keep up on back chapter revising too much homework
I tend to look at the revision book first because it's usually more concise and then I look at the main book for anything extra that I need

I was doing the same till I had the brilliant idea to read the fat book that kind of threw me off as suddenly I felt information overload
I
I recently had a test and lost a lot of marks on pregnancy test monoclonal as I did not get it and lost marks on Benedictus test etc cos I forgot colour change I am struggling to keep up on back chapter revising too much homework

Have you tried making yourself a homework/revision timetable to help you manage your time more efficiently?
The amount of homework I get is fairly manageable though so I don't really know what else would help. Sorry!

(This has also reminded me that I have physics homework to do so thanks :smile: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending