The Student Room Group

Forgetting things

I always study topics in my subjects and then a few days or weeks later I can remember none of it
Flash cards help me with this. I create different sets for different topics and flip through a set every day to keep it fresh in my mind, the more often you revise through them the more likely they will stick in your memory. Select a different topic each day, each topic for me takes about 15 minutes and repeat the topics as often as you can between now and exam time will help enormously. Some flash cards I have illustrations on as a visual reminder prompts me to remember more easily as opposed to just words. Any terminology or particular words I'm having difficulty remembering I put a sticky note on my computer screen so I see it every day, it's not long before I am easily remembering it. Good luck :smile:
what is 'studying' for you?
Reply 3
Original post by BTAnonymous
what is 'studying' for you?

Its like saying sentences or definitions over and over again out loud then writing them down a couple times and using coloured flashcards and mindmaps and quizlet sometimes for French and definitions
Original post by chloe_289
Its like saying sentences or definitions over and over again out loud then writing them down a couple times and using coloured flashcards and mindmaps and quizlet sometimes for French and definitions

your revision needs to be meaningful. if you stare at the same words over and over again without putting any of your thought into it then most of it will go because it's meaningless to you.
Reply 5
Original post by BTAnonymous
your revision needs to be meaningful. if you stare at the same words over and over again without putting any of your thought into it then most of it will go because it's meaningless to you.[/Q
how do you make it 'meaningful'?

Quick Reply

Latest