The Student Room Group

Dating in med school?

i heard that in university,relationships with med student dont work out, is it true? do med students not have a social life?
Original post by shreya kc
i heard that in university,relationships with med student dont work out, is it true? do med students not have a social life?

Do they? I dont know. Lol jokes aside i seriously don't know. I am sure they do, maybe.:biggrin:
No its forbidden.
Reply 3
Original post by shreya kc

Haha of course they do
Reply 4
Original post by Mystery.
No its forbidden.

really!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 5
I doubt they do, med students are very serious about their goals and don't **** around(Like me I guess)
Original post by ax12
Haha of course they do

Yup. It's sad.
Reply 7
Original post by Volibear
Considering what the med students at my university get up to, the 'having no social life' thing is nonsense. Also, are you a med student? Or somebody aiming to one day date a med student?

i want to study medicine and i was just wondering if ill have friends or a social life. i know ill be studying alot but is that really it? just studying and sleeping and eating? it makes me not want to study medicine
I wouldn't recommend sh*tting where you eat.

Dating is fine but do it outside your med school.
As a first year medical student, I can say with full confidence, that you will most certainly have a social life. Yes, you will be studying a lot, and you will be drowning in stress, but so will everyone else. The only advice I can give on terms of relationships is to avoid getting in a relationship with someone in your year (or at least in your study group) since you'll be with them 5 years, so it's going to be awkward if things went wrong. Everyone's in the same boat, odds are you might end up an alcoholic with all the nights out :biggrin:. In all seriousness though, enjoy your first few years!
Work hard, play hard.

In all seriousness, medics are encouraged to have a life outside of medicine. Its healthy. It is really easy to get completely wrapped up in medicine, sometimes to an unhealthy degree. You need to have friends/relationships/hobbies to help cope with the stress.
Its early days, but in my medic cohort there's at least 3 couples I know of.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending