The Student Room Group

Dance

Ive currently danced for 12 years in my life and I love it. My last dance show id ever be doing with my dance club is right in the middle of my GCSEs. Ive thought about only doing 1 performance but it wouldn’t be the one thats being filmed. I realise that I really need to give it up but whenever my mum says about it or i think about giving it up i get all teary. I have other performing commitments and am taking performing arts at A Level. Had anyone been through the same thing or have any advice for me?? Thanks!
I also do dance, I have a show coming up but it's before GCSEs, but I do have dance exams in june/july (I do ballroom though so idk it might be a bit different). I'm also unsure whether or not to do my exams now or wait, but if it's your last show then I think I would do it, when is it and how many performances etc? Do you think that it would really impact your GCSEs, personally I think I could revise around preparation and it's always good to have something to take your mind off of GCSEs and do something you really love- go for it if you think you can I would say. Also with regards for during A-Level, if you really don't want to give it up, could you maybe try doing it along side everything else and drop it if it becomes too much? If you've been dancing for as long as you have, I'm sure you know your teachers really well and I'm sure they'd understand if it got too much to cope with.
Hope I've been able to help and haven't deepened your confusion :smile:
Original post by CemXx732
Ive currently danced for 12 years in my life and I love it. My last dance show id ever be doing with my dance club is right in the middle of my GCSEs. Ive thought about only doing 1 performance but it wouldn’t be the one thats being filmed. I realise that I really need to give it up but whenever my mum says about it or i think about giving it up i get all teary. I have other performing commitments and am taking performing arts at A Level. Had anyone been through the same thing or have any advice for me?? Thanks!

I'm also a very passionate dancer and I totally understand where you're coming from; if I couldn't do dance, my life would be over.

On a few occasions I have had to juggle my dance life around my other commitments, but I made sure that I danced and practised whenever I could. My advice to you is to revise as much as possible and when you have finished revising, then dance as much as you like. Unfortunately, dance is not going to get you the grades that you need. Whenever you have spare time, make sure that you run over your routines so that it is always fresh in your brain and it means that you won't forget it.

I hope that my advice has been beneficial!

PS. What style of dance do you do?
Reply 3
Original post by Georgia Brown
I'm also a very passionate dancer and I totally understand where you're coming from; if I couldn't do dance, my life would be over.

On a few occasions I have had to juggle my dance life around my other commitments, but I made sure that I danced and practised whenever I could. My advice to you is to revise as much as possible and when you have finished revising, then dance as much as you like. Unfortunately, dance is not going to get you the grades that you need. Whenever you have spare time, make sure that you run over your routines so that it is always fresh in your brain and it means that you won't forget it.

I hope that my advice has been beneficial!

PS. What style of dance do you do?

Hiya! Since writing this post i have given up dance and im not as sad as i thought i would be. I do ballet,tap,modern,jazz,lyrical and contemporary 😊 what do you do?
Original post by CemXx732
Hiya! Since writing this post i have given up dance and im not as sad as i thought i would be. I do ballet,tap,modern,jazz,lyrical and contemporary 😊 what do you do?

I'm pleased that you aren't sad!I do all styles of dance apart from Irish and line dancing.😊

Quick Reply

Latest