The Student Room Group

Harris westminster interviews 2018

Hey guys did anyone receive a letter regarding an interview?
I got mine this morning and it said that I scored 407 in the tests and the cut off was 371, but how do they generate the score?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fiddletrio
Hey guys did anyone receive a letter regarding an interview?
I got mine this morning and it said that I scored 407 in the tests and the cut off was 371, but how do they generate the score?

I got 417 in further maths and econ.I think that there is a physical limit to the amount of people that they can interview so they cut it off there. I think around 400-800 would have received an interview.
To be honest, I really don't know. I got 421 in the exams, and I have an interview on Saturday.
Reply 3
Original post by tedgfbtebfetedfb
I got 417 in further maths and econ.I think that there is a physical limit to the amount of people that they can interview so they cut it off there. I think around 400-800 would have received an interview.

Yh it says on their admissions page that they will interview 750/2000 who took exams and they have capacity for 315 pupils in yr 12
Reply 4
Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
To be honest, I really don't know. I got 421 in the exams, and I have an interview on Saturday.

You're lucky, my interview is on Thursday meaning I have to miss half the school day :frown:
I scored 445 and I've been wondering the same thing, how does the scoring work?
Yh it says on their admissions page that they will interview 750/2000 who took exams and they have capacity for 315 pupils in yr 12

Could you provide a link?
Reply 7
Original post by srennie
I scored 445 and I've been wondering the same thing, how does the scoring work?

I was guessing that the percentage may be converted into a number out of 500? I took the hardest exams because they are taught at Westminster school :K:
Reply 8
Original post by tedgfbtebfetedfb
Could you provide a link?

http://www.harriswestminstersixthform.org.uk/uploads/key_information/2_78_hwsf-admissions-2018-19-policy.pdf

all the info is on there...
I have practically no chance of being accepted because I currently go to private school....
You're lucky, my interview is on Thursday meaning I have to miss half the school day :frown:

What subject?

Me too. I have biology on Thursday at 3:00pm.
What subject?

music lol I want to change to philosophy cos the head of music at Westminster skl is assessing me so his expectation are gonna be high fml
Original post by Ihatelife2
Me too. I have biology on Thursday at 3:00pm.

yh I'm the same time
What subject?

U doing English?
music lol I want to change to philosophy cos the head of music at Westminster skl is assessing me so his expectation are gonna be high fml

Good luck, hope you smash that interview.
U doing English?

Yeah, but not for the interview:frown:
Original post by Ihatelife2
Good luck, hope you smash that interview.

Thank you! You too! Come find me before the head's talk, I'll have a bright red violin case with me lols
Thank you! You too! Come find me before the head's talk, I'll have a bright red violin case with me lols

I'll try to.

Oh good luck! For some reason I have no idea who I have...
Oh good luck! For some reason I have no idea who I have...

What are you being interviewed in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending